No announcement yet.

Referee Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is unfortunate that when a reviewable play is looked at that anything related to that play, reviewable or not, had an impact as to the outcome of the play, the referees cannot consider it. In other words, a foul is not reviewable, but in reviewing a play, if a non-called foul caused the ball to go out of bounds, it should be considered. A foul would not be issued and no FTs awarded, but the fouled team would get possession. If Doc was correct about what Higgins tried to do to get the correct outcome, then that's what should have happened.

If the idea of reviewing a play is to get it right, then do just that.....GET IT RIGHT.

Comment

Originally posted by jazztrane View Post
      One other officiating question from that game-when Evan fouled out he immediately started walking to the bench knowing it was his fifth. He no sooner that got to the bench and they began to huddle that the official began shouting at Coach that he needed a sub, so someone went right in and they broke the huddle. Is that a new focus for this year? I've always seen them essentially get an extra TO and take a minute or two to put a sub in. In this case the ref darn near followed EW to the bench to break it up. I haven't watched that in any other games so I wondered is that something they're trying to stop to speed things up, or were they just in a hurry to get to that "sweet TV time" for themselves? :)
      Yes, that was a new rule/emphasis for this year.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        Courtesy of a friend of mine:

Meet the Weatherguard, Inc. team. Our in-house team of experts has over 40 years of experience.

Enjoy!
        Everytime I hear a rooferees commercial I can't help but laugh. I've always wondered if the actual workers are wearing the zebra shirts. I'd say ol'jonny boy hasn't seen a rooftop in years.

Comment

Working...
        X