WSU Versus Southern Illinois Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Southern Illinois Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. You know what makes me so mad I could eat fried chicken? Multi-tasking while pushing start on the Keurig only to realize you forgot to put the stinkin coffee cup in place. This is a blunder that is very messy and gloomy. Likewise, such mishaps can't be frequent playing the 3-0 Salukis in Carbondale at SIU Arena. Barry Hinson is a solid Coach, the king of one-liners, and they also beat UNI (don't call the panthers NIU). Anthony Beane is lighting up the scoreboard like a winning slot machine and this is the surprise team of the Valley IMO. Salukis can run over 40 MPH but must be aware when speeding in school zones or Shocker Man to Man D.

Only the best of the best teams with leadership and warriors like the Shocks can overcome such onslaughts that occur on the cold and lonely road. Here is what might happen. The Shocks always draw the biggest crowds our foes will have at their own barns because they want so bad to beat us and want to watch our beloved Shocks play. Our foes are as high as a kite and all worked up wanting to defeat us. Once the game starts and foes get on a roll, the crowd goes into a loud frenzy, and you just hope the refs don't join in the fray with popular calls. For example, many moons ago, in the last few seconds in a tie game versus SIU, a ref calls goal tending on EO and they get throws. Game over.

With that said, relax and don't worry about none of that jazz for the following reasons. Baker will score 22, FVV will dish out 11 assists, Wessel will get 7 floor burns and will like it, MM will spark us as usual, CF will hit 4 three-pointers, Grady and The Wall Of Shaq will clean glass sparkly clean, and Brown will hit 2 big corner shots and the our road warriors win. That's my story and the Shocks are sticking to it. No mess, doom, or gloom to clean up Saturday. After this win, SN can have moments of joy.

Canis Lupus Familiaris---65

WSU----------------------72
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; January 6, 2016, 11:28 PM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

SIU is not as good as Evansville, but this one is on the road. I expect an ugly yet entertaining game.

Eddie Fogler 61
    Rich Herrin 60

Comment

Shox by 8
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

WSU 68
        SIU 62
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Who is making the trip? The wife and I will be there. Our seats are behind the Shocker bench but upper level unfortunately. Hoping for a great atmosphere though with 1st place in the valley up for grabs.

Will be our first time in Carbondale - any recommendations for dining or other places to check out from those that have been before?

Comment

Originally posted by shox526 View Post
            Will be our first time in Carbondale - any recommendations for dining or other places to check out from those that have been before?
            Yes. Eat in St. Louis, then not again until you cross the Mississippi again heading west.

Comment

I like our 3 headed monsta off the bench. These 3 players won't start many if any games but if they did, it would not hurt us one bit. We might see all or one of these players at the end of a game and that worries me not. Grady, CF, and MM are really coming on for us and we need that. Few teams can bring in players of such quality. 3G is known for providing a deep Shocker bench and it part of his success formula. Will Shamet be back this Season? Dunno but stay tuned because he too is a playa!!!!!!!
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Why can't we hear Barry speak at a luncheon in Wichita? I'd pay to watch that. That would be entertaining.

78-65

Comment

Just need to play angry defensively, force to's and bad shots, then rebound. Need to get CF and
                  RB more open looks with screens or quicker perimeter ball rotation. I am expecting another very
                  physical close encounter with our depth and defense again being the difference. shox 68-63

Comment

This game will be played in Illinois.

Fred will play in it.

I like our chances.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                      Why can't we hear Barry speak at a luncheon in Wichita? I'd pay to watch that. That would be entertaining.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/2016010...-coach?Start=1
                      Burrah's good people. He's quite the personality.

Comment

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

This game is going to be another hard fought nip and tuck fight right down to the final seconds.

Shocks win by 3 for the second game in a row as FVV drives to the basket, gets hammered, makes the shot, and miraculously the refs call the foul on SIU, and Fred makes the FT.

Comment

I don't know about the ugly dog defense but I just can't believe they are as good as evill was. Shocks by 8

Comment

One concerning issue for me is the dog pound will be back in full force. I expect us to win, but SIU is playing with extreme confidence right now and at home, in what will be an environment similar to the glory days, this game has me nervous. Not to mention the fact that we just haven't been as rock solid on the road this season as we have been in the last few.

Comment

Working...
                              X