No announcement yet.

2016 Infiniti Coaches Charity Challenge - Vote Angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully, everyone is clicking on the right vote button. The one below Gregg Marshall's name below his picture. At least I hope that is the right button.

Comment

The WSU community made a little progress today - from 1% to 2%, need to get it to 3% tomorrow. Tell your friends and other shocker fans. I told some yesterday and they didn't even know it was going on.

Comment

Please don't forget to vote today!

Comment

3G In at tenth as of right now, 8:39 am. Last among the two percenters.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Voted my ten times. Still @ #10 at :10:09 am
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

It would be interesting to see the raw vote totals. It would also be interesting to know what portion of 3G's vote is generated through ShockerNet. I don't think ShockerNetters alone are a big enough factor to ever carry 3G to the very top spot in this deal. Whether or not the Wichita community at large is or would ever get behind this effort in a big way is hard to say.

Comment

All I know is, they have some computers and a fair number of people over on the Children's Home campus.

Get busy.

Comment

Our family votes (10) are all again today. HCGM is still in 10th, but in the middle of the 2% group.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    It would be interesting to see the raw vote totals. It would also be interesting to know what portion of 3G's vote is generated through ShockerNet. I don't think ShockerNetters alone are a big enough factor to ever carry 3G to the very top spot in this deal. Whether or not the Wichita community at large is or would ever get behind this effort in a big way is hard to say.
                    It appears there is a "Big 10" challenge going on. Michigan has 41%, Ohio St 16%, and Purdue just drop a % point to 6%. That's 63% of the total votes. That's a whole lot of students and alums to overcome. The realistic challenge will be getting Marshall into the Final 4 as in the previous years. WVU has Huggy in 4th with 4%. That's double our 2%.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      WVU has Huggy in 4th with 4%. That's double our 2%.
                      And super embarrassing. There are like 17 computers in WVU, more than half use dial-up for their internet service, and there are just 11 people with the knowledge necessary to use them to vote in this poll.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        All I know is, they have some computers and a fair number of people over on the Children's Home campus.

Get busy.
                        I am a little surprised that the leadership at the Wichita Children's Home isn't more proactive in promoting a get out the vote effort then what they have been. Seems like there are quite a few relatively inexpensive things they could do in this regard and I suspect the could find donor's to underwrite the cost of printing any promotional materials needed.

Seems like a natural community service project for the WSU athletic teams and cheerleaders to get involved in. Heck just handing out flyers at WSU sporting events and perhaps at shopping centers and grocery stores might go a long way to boosting voting among Shocker fans and the Wichita community in general.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          I am a little surprised that the leadership at the Wichita Children's Home isn't more proactive in promoting a get out the vote effort then what they have been. Seems like there are quite a few relatively inexpensive things they could do in this regard and I suspect the could find donor's to underwrite the cost of printing any promotional materials needed.

Seems like a natural community service project for the WSU athletic teams and cheerleaders to get involved in. Heck just handing out flyers at WSU sporting events and perhaps at shopping centers and grocery stores might go a long way to boosting voting among Shocker fans and the Wichita community in general.
                          The school has done a bit more promotion in the past. I suppose it is possible (and maybe even a good idea) to delay the promotion until a later round. Marshall has previously had little trouble advancing through the early rounds, and the event does tend to drag on so I could see some people losing interest after a week or two of voting.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            The school has done a bit more promotion in the past. I suppose it is possible (and maybe even a good idea) to delay the promotion until a later round. Marshall has previously had little trouble advancing through the early rounds, and the event does tend to drag on so I could see some people losing interest after a week or two of voting.
                            Good point.

Comment

Marshall is 10th; McDermott is 5th. What is wrong with this picture?

Comment

I voted today. He's in 9th

Comment

Working...
                                X