No announcement yet.

Jeff ******* is a tool. Part 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I listened to him again. The bad part was when he said, "WSU had to have this win for ANY (big emphasis) chance of an at large bid." When combined with other comments, it's very dismissive and telling on his thoughts. On the other hand, it could just be poor word choice.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
      "If i were buying stock in any one team, it would be Wichita State” Andy Katz
      Wichita State 67, Utah 50: Has there been a better 5-4 team in the past decade? -Eamonn Brennan

Comment

Whatever *******. He's just helping in my opinion trying to keep the "drama" and shaping the story line that the rest of the nation will hear of in another month or so. Rest of the country it late January will be like..."What...how is Wichita St. ranked in the Top-25 with 4 losses?". And then it will sink in to the masses from big media that those 4 losses came when our All-American was injured and NOT that Wichita St is in a decline. No worries on my end as this is par for the course.
        Last edited by AZ Shocker; December 13, 2015, 02:06 PM.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
          As he is Arizona grad of the mighty PAC12, probably just panders to the so-called power conference public.
          He was as ignorant of Shox as most others of his ilk in the beginning but at least now has to hedge his bets just to show all along he knows Shox are for real.
          But those stud-horse jowls have got to go, is there such a thing as a jowlectomy?
          You just don't see that facial feature often (unless you own a bulldog, I guess). Is it a birth defect, or something self-inflicted in the back row of some skeevy adult theater?

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            I listened to him again. The bad part was when he said, "WSU had to have this win for ANY (big emphasis) chance of an at large bid." When combined with other comments, it's very dismissive and telling on his thoughts. On the other hand, it could just be poor word choice.
            No, it's him and his chip on his shoulder. Still mad about Marshall owning him in an interview 4 years ago.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
              Did anyone else see old Horsehead talk about the Shox after the game yesterday? His co-host tried to pump the Shox to start the segment and Goofman couldn't wait to try and downplay the beat down that had just occurred. It was just my perspective but it seemed to me like he wanted to emphasize how poorly the Shockers have done and this was a must win. I too think it was a must win but it sounded like he wanted to burn up as much clock as he could without saying anything positive.

I think he's definitely got a chip his shoulder for whatever reason. He said the Shox aren't near the team they'll be in February as if they just lost to the Utes by 20? His co host and myself thought the Shox looked pretty damn good whipping Utah's ass yesterday. Apparently he wasn't watching the game I was.
              I heard it this more like this too.

Comment

Originally posted by wuhog View Post
                I thought the same thing at first, but as he continued on, he said this is not the same team we will see for the shockers in February. He is right. We just put a beat down on a top 25 team, and we are gonna be much better in 2 months with Grady, possibly Shamet, and a 100% VV. Sometimes we assume asinine things are coming out of certain people's mouths. This time, he let us down. He was actually pretty complimentary.
                Yeah, this is how I took it. WSU will be a far better team in February than it is right now. And right now it's a damn good team. That's not an insult.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

If you think ******* was trying to compliment us I have some swampland to sell you right now when you are your most vulnerable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                    If you think ******* was trying to compliment us I have some swampland to sell you right now when you are your most vulnerable.
                    I've been looking for a good place to run my fan boat!
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                      His narrative this week has been that the Shox must sweep Vegas, Utah and Seton in order to be in contention for at large CONSIDERATION.
                      Well, far be it from me to defend *******. I didn't see him and am not inclined to search him out, so I can't comment on your interpretation, Cap. And talking about "consideration" for an at large spot is a stretch, as the other analysts quoted in this thread apparently made clear.

But it's hard to object to the notion that WSU really needed (and still needs to complete) a sweep of UNLV, Utah, and Seton Hall to regain some of the cachet and credibility with which they started the season. UNLV and Utah are solid opponents and would appear to be quality wins, but they were home games. Seton Hall is a road game, which helps, and it may also turn out to be a quality win -- we'll see as the season goes along -- but then come two home games that aren't likely to dazzle anybody, and then it's Valley time, where quality win chances are limited at best.

So even if you throw out the first seven games altogether (no great loss for the Shocks, obviously, and probably a considerable break) that leaves a short stretch in which to reaffirm the positive preseason impressions and reviews, and doing so pretty much does require a sweep. Otherwise the doubts resurface, and maybe justifiably so. It's just tough when you have a three-game tourney with all quality opponents as a key part of a schedule that's about to turn pretty unimposing, and injuries cause you to waste it. That's no great revelation.
                      Last edited by WSUwatcher; December 13, 2015, 11:50 PM.

Comment

We may find ourselves to be the 2014 Kentucky Wildcats. The most dangerous 8 seed in the tournament.

Comment

A tool....of the anti-shock new world order! A secret society of corrupted college basketball blue bloods sworn to hold down the shocks and oil the p5 propaganda machine. But in all seriousness, he seemed like someone who may not have a personal like for the shocks but at least tries to stay within the realm of objectivity.
                          “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                          -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            We may find ourselves to be the 2014 Kentucky Wildcats. The most dangerous 8 seed in the tournament.
                            Or the 2013 WSU Shockers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              Or the 2013 WSU Shockers.
                              Yep, but I was thinking more about a team that had high preseason expectations, a poor start with lots of losses and big momentum coming into the tourney. We were a dangerous 9 seed but didn't have the same cache as the Wildcats, who could've been a top 2-3 seed but for their early losses. IF we continue the momentum and end up making the tourney, we will be sorely underseeded and I would hate to be the team matched up against us.

Comment

******* likes to play the double edged sword card all the time. His prognostications are of the variety that he's never really wrong, and he can always go "see, I told ya."

If the Shockers dropped 1 or 2 of these games, and WSU misses an at large bid he goes "see, I told you." If the Shockers win out, get an at large bid he goes "See, I told ya they had to win those games." If they lose a couple, still get into the tournament as an at large he falls back on "Well, the selection committee understands that they were unhealthy. Remember, I said that too."
                                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X