Jeff ******* is a tool. Part 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff ******* is a tool. Part 4

Did anyone else see old Horsehead talk about the Shox after the game yesterday? His co-host tried to pump the Shox to start the segment and Goofman couldn't wait to try and downplay the beat down that had just occurred. It was just my perspective but it seemed to me like he wanted to emphasize how poorly the Shockers have done and this was a must win. I too think it was a must win but it sounded like he wanted to burn up as much clock as he could without saying anything positive.

I think he's definitely got a chip his shoulder for whatever reason. He said the Shox aren't near the team they'll be in February as if they just lost to the Utes by 20? His co host and myself thought the Shox looked pretty damn good whipping Utah's ass yesterday. Apparently he wasn't watching the game I was.

I thought the same thing at first, but as he continued on, he said this is not the same team we will see for the shockers in February. He is right. We just put a beat down on a top 25 team, and we are gonna be much better in 2 months with Grady, possibly Shamet, and a 100% VV. Sometimes we assume asinine things are coming out of certain people's mouths. This time, he let us down. He was actually pretty complimentary.

Comment

I guess it's a matter of perspective. I thought it was a back-handed compliment if anything. His narrative this week has been that the Shox must sweep Vegas, Utah and Seton in order to be in contention for at large CONSIDERATION. Again, my opinion here, but he's been almost gleefully spouting this narrative all week like he thought / hoped it couldn't happen. Again, looked to me yesterday like he was having a hard time swallowing our victory.

Comment

I'm hoping that Goofman's coverage of our games is severely limited the rest of the season. I'd much rather prefer somebody like Mark Adam's who hypes our program and accomplishments rather than somebody that likes to talk about how when we might arrive as a program. Heck, we knocked on the college basketball door and then kicked the bastard in four years ago. It's not like we're going to the party....we got there early and left after the cops did!

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
          His narrative this week has been that the Shox must sweep Vegas, Utah and Seton in order to be in contention for at large CONSIDERATION.
          I agree that was his narrative and he continued it after the game. Nothing changed there, and it's a different perspective than most (at least on this board). I can certainly see that as a put down of our team.

But he did go on to say that this team will be much better in February, which would seem to indicate that he believes the Shockers will be dangerous in March.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wuhog View Post
            I thought the same thing at first, but as he continued on, he said this is not the same team we will see for the shockers in February. He is right. We just put a beat down on a top 25 team, and we are gonna be much better in 2 months with Grady, possibly Shamet, and a 100% VV. Sometimes we assume asinine things are coming out of certain people's mouths. This time, he let us down. He was actually pretty complimentary.
            ^^ THIS ^^ Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
              ^^ THIS ^^ Thank You
              Wuhog got it right.

Comment

Agree. There was an insider article he wrote this week that was very complimentary as well.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                  His narrative this week has been that the Shox must sweep Vegas, Utah and Seton in order to be in contention for at large CONSIDERATION. Again, my opinion here, but he's been almost gleefully spouting this narrative all week like he thought / hoped it couldn't happen. Again, looked to me yesterday like he was having a hard time swallowing our victory.
                  His narrative is correct - WSU needs quality wins now (not going to be many in the MVC). But the butt-kicking WSU did yesterday should start changing that narrative. If WSU can continue to play like they have this week and sweep non-conference and start destroying the MVC the new narrative will be developing....and by the time NCAA tournament rolls around it will be how WSU overcame devastating injuries to reemerge to back to one of the best teams in the nation. Just have to have some patience and watch it unfold.

Comment

All 3 analysts I saw, and everywhere else for that matter, all said that the Shockers will start to be evaluated from the UNLV game. They are willing to discount the 3 losses in Florida, as long as we kick ass from here on out.

I think that's fair. If we go lay an egg against Seton Hall and then drop some games to crap teams in the Valley, what should we expect?

Yeah, it sucks that we had a good chunk of our OOC games played with one hand, but we aren't a bunch of pansies. If we pride ourselves on MTXE, then we should relish these challenges, use them as motivation, and ask "Is that all you got?!!"
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

When I see Radioface, I immediately change the channel or fast forward through. I value very little of his college basketball "analysis".
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Wuhog, this was my take as well. The last couple of games and especially this one prove what ******* was projecting. Our young players like Brown and McDuff are really stepping up with the game experience they have gotten and Shaq's attitude and game have changed completely. Now with the hopeful return of Shamet and Grady in February, plus more games under our belt, *******'s comment was right on.

Comment

As he is Arizona grad of the mighty PAC12, probably just panders to the so-called power conference public.
                          He was as ignorant of Shox as most others of his ilk in the beginning but at least now has to hedge his bets just to show all along he knows Shox are for real.
                          But those stud-horse jowls have got to go, is there such a thing as a jowlectomy?
                          For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                          - said no one ever...

Comment

"If i were buying stock in any one team, it would be Wichita Stateā€ Andy Katz
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              When I see Radioface, I immediately change the channel or fast forward through. I value very little of his college basketball "analysis".
                              I am with you. He just has a way about himself that is off putting.
                              Last edited by Ricardo del Rio; December 13, 2015, 01:23 PM.
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                              X