Visiting fan etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting fan etiquette

The behavior of the gentlemen's supporting America's team got me wondering what are lines you shouldn't cross as a visiting fan that are not a problem at home games. Yelling during free throws? Booing the refs a ton?? Anything?
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
    The behavior of the gentlemen's supporting America's team got me wondering what are lines you shouldn't cross as a visiting fan that are not a problem at home games. Yelling during free throws? Booing the refs a ton?? Anything?
    You are referring to the gentlemen from 1991 who were yelling "REBELS" while running around Koch?
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
      You are referring to the gentlemen from 1991 who were yelling "REBELS" while running around Koch?
      Yep, but I meant it as a general question for when I'm a visitor as well.
      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

I really hope that man took my advice and went to Spangles as his only meal in Wichita.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Yelling during free throws is okay. Win and lose with grace, take any **** good naturedly, retort with a smile, and be a good person. Be a good fan and use good judgement.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I was at Evansville two years ago, and I clapped after Fred hit a free throw, and the surrounding fans told me it was rude to do so because Wichita State had already won the game. So... I guess, don't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
              I was at Evansville two years ago, and I clapped after Fred hit a free throw, and the surrounding fans told me it was rude to do so because Wichita State had already won the game. So... I guess, don't do that.
              Or not.
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                I really hope that man took my advice and went to Spangles as his only meal in Wichita.
                Dude, spangles is the ****. Not even messing around.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  Dude, spangles is the ****. Not even messing around.
                  So which member of the Steven family are you? Because the only people I know that like Spangles are Stevens or friends of Stevens lol

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                    Yep, but I meant it as a general question for when I'm a visitor as well.
                    Be positive, don't be negative, towards either team. At least golf clap really good play for the other guys. Don't be THE fan, be A fan.

Be intelligent, don't be a know it all. Don't act like your team should make every shot, get every board and block every shot.

Before you say or do anything, ask yourself "Is what I'm about to say or do going to leave these folks with a positive impression of Wichita State?"

If the answer is no or I'm not sure, sit down and be quiet.

You should always be respectful on the road, even when they're asses. You can cheer your team, but make sure you're POSITIVE! Like "Yeah, keep playing hard guys!" vs "way to beat the **** out of them guys!".

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Be positive, don't be negative, towards either team. At least golf clap really good play for the other guys. Don't be THE fan, be A fan.

Be intelligent, don't be a know it all. Don't act like your team should make every shot, get every board and block every shot.

Before you say or do anything, ask yourself "Is what I'm about to say or do going to leave these folks with a positive impression of Wichita State?"

If the answer is no or I'm not sure, sit down and be quiet.

You should always be respectful on the road, even when they're asses. You can cheer your team, but make sure you're POSITIVE! Like "Yeah, keep playing hard guys!" vs "way to beat the **** out of them guys!".
                      This feels like an intervention. Send me to rehab.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                        So which member of the Steven family are you? Because the only people I know that like Spangles are Stevens or friends of Stevens lol
                        I am Stephen S. Steven and I love hamburgers and fries and Elvis. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                          Read his post in a little more literal light.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                            Evansville fans have LOTS of experience at tweaking their losing etiquette at home, so if they say it's rude, it's rude. However that said, you are at Evansville and since the game is going to be boring you might as well mix it up with the fans -- plus they are all pasty and without a single gangsta bone in their body so it's perfectly safe to rub it in there -- NEVER TRY THIS IN PHILLY. Anyway, my preferred technique is:

1) Once we are up say 10 points -- stand up and turn around and give the rows behind me what I describe as the "neener neener hand" or "trumpet hand". Just put your thumb to your nose, pinky pointing at them as much as possible and wiggle your middle three fingers while making farting noises with your tongue slightly sticking out.

Go ahead and try it right now while you are reading this to "lock it into memory".

2) But then if I am really drunk, then I like to sway that motion back and forth to "splatter" as many people on the rows behind me as possible. Maybe even give it a little Axel Rose butt shake while you are doing it.

3) Now one more thing that raises this to another level -- save it for when we are 20 points up and they just turned the ball over -- go ahead and raise your other hand up and point right at each woman in the rows behind you and really give each one a dedicated wink, while you are waving the ol' trumpet hand back and forth. They LOVE THAT!! WARNING: Being able to point, wink and neener hand all at once takes skillz and you will look like a douchebag if you don't do it properly -- so practice at home on your wife before going to Evansville.
                            Last edited by Kung Wu; December 13, 2015, 08:19 AM.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Saw some Ute fans while having dinner before the game. Gave them a nice Wichita welcome and the Shocker fan with
                              us even gave them directions on where to park. Knowing we were going to give them a beat down made it just
                              seem like the right thing to do. They were actually very nice people. I'm sure they will root for us the rest of the
                              year.

Comment

Working...
                              X