No announcement yet.

FLA Notes, Quotes and Billygoats...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone is entitled to their opinion including our leader, his son, and his wife. Those who call him our Savior are often (not always) being sarcastic or demeaning. I put more credence in our head coach's opinion than those who don't see him everyday. While I only think he's a piece to the puzzle, he's an important piece.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      So many on here still want to play down what Conner will bring to this team. I thought that it was interesting that Lynn Marshall spoke so highly of him on Bob Lutz's radio show. Evidently Gregg feels the same way. But all we see on these threads are that Conner won't be one of the answers. We are at least one week away, but I think that Conner will make a huge difference and if Fred heals, we will have found our offense. Our post players still concern me (without Anton Grady), but we do have a couple who will have to come along or we will have to play four guards.
      When and where do I find Lutz's show?

Comment

Originally posted by wuhog View Post
        When and where do I find Lutz's show?
        KFH 4-6 PM

Comment

Count me as one that thinks Conner will be a big asset for our team. Savior is a little overboard, but he very well could be the point guard of the future. 3Gs teams find success starting with high level point guards and we're now seeing what happens when we don't have one on the court. Next year, we have Conner and Daishon Smith. I for one think we'll be back on track with that tandem running the point.

Comment

A month ago Connor seemed like he would be one more piece of the puzzle to play with. With Landry out for 2 more months or more and FVV still possibly out or slowed in early December Connor's debut looms much larger. For starters I want someone who Ron can dump it too when doubleteamed who will make the other team pay. I think Connor is that guy.
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
              A month ago Connor seemed like he would be one more piece of the puzzle to play with. With Landry out for 2 more months or more and FVV still possibly out or slowed in early December Connor's debut looms much larger. For starters I want someone who Ron can dump it too when doubleteamed who will make the other team pay. I think Connor is that guy.
              I'd prefer to have someone dump it to Ron in his normal position at the 2 guard, or the 3 wing.

My biggest hope is that CF is not garnering the "best shooter ever" tags simply because he is shooting against teammates who have yet to show they can guard the 3-point shooters. We know CF can shoot when not guarded. Hopefully he can find himself open often enough to satisfy all of us.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

It is ok to be late to the party. I have confidence in Three G.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  So many on here still want to play down what Conner will bring to this team. I thought that it was interesting that Lynn Marshall spoke so highly of him on Bob Lutz's radio show. Evidently Gregg feels the same way. But all we see on these threads are that Conner won't be one of the answers. We are at least one week away, but I think that Conner will make a huge difference and if Fred heals, we will have found our offense. Our post players still concern me (without Anton Grady), but we do have a couple who will have to come along or we will have to play four guards.
                  im worried about post play even with anton healthy. he wasnt exactly lighting the world on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7 View Post
                    im worried about post play even with anton healthy. he wasnt exactly lighting the world on fire.
                    Yes. My thought in that regard (as Steve Shogren used to say) was that with a really good point guard (Fred of course), Anton would have received passes at better spots on the floor to be successful. Most of the passes were coming to him in positions where he always had to make one on one moves against taller players. While he is capable of making some of those moves and baskets, he could have benefited from some easy baskets for his confidence. I saw enough against Tulsa, to feel like he would come out of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X