FLA Notes, Quotes and Billygoats...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLA Notes, Quotes and Billygoats...

Yes, for those of you who look forward to the annual STL quips, a bonus version.

Firstly, thoughts and prayers to the elderly Iowa gent who had a serious health issue behind us on Sunday.
    It didn't look good for him and the slow reaction of the arena safety personnel didn't help.
    On a good note, multiple WSU health professionals sprang into action and came to his aid.
    As I've observed on many occasions, Wichita has an abundance of good, decent people!

I know several on here are close to the edge and perhaps a few even jumped, but just relax.
    Yes, there are big problems and losing AG is a huge blow.
    But as the Doc commented, AG walking out of WSU with a degree and watching his grandchildren grow up is infinitely more important than a college basketball game.

Unfortunately, AG is talking about coming back. I say unfortunately because after 3 knee surgeries and a spinal concussion, his desire to play outweighs common sense.
    It will end up being a case where his body will end up making the final decision because his mind and desire still want to continue.

I love me some Bush. Yea, I know the naysayers will spring into action. But right now, he IS our post player. Our ONLY post player... for now.
    Although he is limited, at least he gives it all every time out.
    He even has a bit of an attitude.
    His waving at Hale to bring it on during Alabama's final possession was nervy. However, it looked really bad when Hale drove right by him and laid it in.

Shaq you ask?
    Whatever. As Lou Pinella once infamously said after watching a really bad pitching performance... "I've seen enough."
    His act has grown really old and if WSU had enough healthy bodies, would have have shipped out of town long ago. His pouting, whining and lack of maturity is bullshit.

With the combination of AG getting injured, Kelly not improving and Shaq's bullshit, HCGM had ZERO choice but to pull the RS off Nurger.
    The real travesty is Nurger is NOT ready to play D1 ball, yet. Even RefChick took one look at his build and thought he was an 18 year Freshman.

The hope is Hamilton continues to develop and the light goes on for Kelly. Both are going to be relied on heavily the rest of this season.

MM is the next big thing, as long as he stays humble and keeps working. The athletic talent is obviously there and a joy to watch develop.

It was hard to watch Baker work so hard and get no help. I know help is on the way, but that didn't make this weekend any better.

The wild card is Brown.
    He has the talent and paired with MM could create a dangerous pair of wings that no team wants to try and defend, especially Valley contingents.

It's up to Marshall to make corrections, adjust and get the right combinations on the floor to right the ship and get things back on track.
    That's why he makes the big bucks folks.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

This is a fair and accurate account of what went on in beautiful Florida. Baker was beaten up on every possession and the word was out from the other coaching staffs that you may beat us but we will not let Ron Baker beat us. After about 5 minutes of the Iowa game he was exhausted and just pointed to his legs. Don't know if he was indicating an injury or just dead legs. After the game HCGM stood by the exit avenue and shook each players hand and said something encouraging to them. It was a tough tournament to watch our Shocks lose 3 straight but I really believe they will get it right.

Comment

The Brown, Hamilton McDuffie trifecta could be lethal if we could get those guys developed to their potential.

Comment

Ref was sitting right close to me and I did t even realize it. Yes, I do hope that Iowa fan is OK. Did not look good at all.

I too am done with Shaq. Seen all I need to see as well. Dude just doesn't get it. Too bad we can't replace his skill with Jake Whites heart ( or anyone else's heart in the team for that matter ).

Additionally, I don't understand why Ron was in the game the last five minutes of the Iowa game. It was over. If Ron had gotten injured during that time, wow.

Comment

@ShockRef: forgot to mention the real low point of his week: meeting me.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            @ShockRef: forgot to mention the real low point of his week: meeting me.
            Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on your perspective, pretty sure I provided the low point of @ShockRef:'s weekend.

#StillEmbarrassed

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
              With the combination of AG getting injured, Kelly not improving and Shaq's bullshit, HCGM had ZERO choice but to pull the RS off Nurger.
              The real travesty is Nurger is NOT ready to play D1 ball, yet. Even RefChick took one look at his build and thought he was an 18 year Freshman.
              I think Nurger will end up being a flop of historic proportions. No wonder Mississippi State released him. Coach really, really missed on him.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on your perspective, pretty sure I provided the low point of @ShockRef:'s weekend.

#StillEmbarrassed
                Doc,
                No worries here. RefChick and I are still laughing.
                Lax,
                Great to meet you! You are as funny in person as your posts on here. It was a pleasure.
                And Doc is right, you certainly made the Eagle crowd shot of the weekend!

That is all.
                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Its hard not to miss that melon in a crowd.:)

Comment

I don't mind a little bit of gloom, but damn, I am suffocating in gloom on this fine forum.

My mystery man of choice is Zach Brown. After his nice performances last year, I thought he would get off to an extra nice start this year at the three. Yes, I am aware he scored about 10 points against Iowa. His overall stats are just plain ugly. As an example, he is 8.3% from the 3 line.

http://www.goshockers.com/cumestats...._bkb&year=2015&

He is still my main man though.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                      I don't mind a little bit of gloom, but damn, I am suffocating in gloom on this fine forum.

My mystery man of choice is Zach Brown. After his nice performances last year, I thought he would get off to an extra nice start this year at the three. Yes, I am aware he scored about 10 points against Iowa. His overall stats are just plain ugly. As an example, he is 8.3% from the 3 line.

Yes, BUT if you ELIMINATE all of his MISSED SHOTS, he is shooting 100%!
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post

All 4 Freshmen have outscored in total points each sophomore .... (well Shamet is 1 point behind Brown in half the games) ... Thats not good

Comment

Spent a couple extra days in balmy Florida trying to rid the state of rum. Back to doo-dah tomorrow . . . Sigh. Was impressed by Shocker Nation, frightened by the sight of AG motionless, and cautiously optimistic with our young boys. Unfortunately, I don't think they'll "get it" on the same night and we'll see more struggles for a while.

Comment

So many on here still want to play down what Conner will bring to this team. I thought that it was interesting that Lynn Marshall spoke so highly of him on Bob Lutz's radio show. Evidently Gregg feels the same way. But all we see on these threads are that Conner won't be one of the answers. We are at least one week away, but I think that Conner will make a huge difference and if Fred heals, we will have found our offense. Our post players still concern me (without Anton Grady), but we do have a couple who will have to come along or we will have to play four guards.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a wait and see approach on Conner. I am on the hype train, but I get the show me first approach.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X