2015-16 All Sports Trophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Glad to see the big Chicago market bringing it.
    Looks like they averaged an 8th place finish. In other words, for every 6th place, they got a last place.

That'll pull those big market Chi Town viewers in.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Glad to see the big Chicago market bringing it.
      Just a ridiculous and inexcusable decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        Just a ridiculous and inexcusable decision.
        Our administration was a strong advocate for their inclusion, so just keep that in mind as we move forward in other areas.

Comment

The Valley's official results are in although they are only reporting the top 5 finishers. I guess they don't want to make the bottom 5 feel bad or maybe that is just a way they can hide Loyola's performance.

They are a bit different that what I reported:

2.133 Wichita State (9 Championships)
          3.500 Southern Illinois (3)
          4.324 Illinois State (1)
          4.857 Missouri State
          4.933 Northern Iowa (1)

I had the order correct and my scores were only slightly off. I will have to double check my numbers but I may be off on men's tennis. I scored that based on regular season finish but with only 4 schools fielding teams they may be using the finishes in the MVC-AEC post season tournament to award All-Sports scoring.

The bottom line is the Shocks did not set a new record but tied their previous record of 2.13 set two years ago.

Comment

During the current 4 year All-Sports Trophy winning streak beginning with 2012-13 I believe the Shocks have the 4 lowest scores (average finish) in Valley history at 2.30, 2.13, 2.30 and 2.13.

Certainly a great deal of credit goes to the entire athletic department and especially to our coaches and student athletes. I believe Jim Schaus sowed the seeds for this kind of performance with his philosophy that all sports should be supported as much as possible and that if you are going to sponsor a sport you should do so to they very best of your ability.

Comment

Working...
            X