WSU Versus Emporia State--Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Emporia State--Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. The Shocks took one on the chin and I can assure you they won't be moping and licking their wounds but will get back to work in search of excellence. FVV will keep healing and the Shocks will develop their winning rotation. Hornets get mad but we will Play Angry and progress forward with a learning curve.

WSU------------77

Emporia State-52
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

You can check my posts. Except for LS who I believe is the best freshman I've seen here in a
    long long time I have been skeptical of the freshmen and my pre Tulsa game prediction was
    they would get exposed. That was an understatement. TT and EH looked confused and out of place.
    I think both could eventually go the way of Glass and Holland. Hope they prove me wrong.
    Have not lost faith in MM yet and think we are going to need him and soon. I'd give SM an
    ultimatum. Show some energy and enthusiasm ALL the time or find a school that will except your
    lack of heart. Enormous talent going to waste. I'd invest in MM. Right now, LS is the second best
    player on the team behind RB, but of course when Fred gets healthy he will be third. ZB also needs
    to step it up and be a factor or there is going to be a lot of minutes for next years freshmen
    class. CF is going to be an enormous help. Not worried about EW - he just had a bad game, but I
    the only freshman that I am encouraged by right now is LS. Think RN needs to pull his RS as we need
    him now.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      You can check my posts. Except for LS who I believe is the best freshman I've seen here in a
      long long time I have been skeptical of the freshmen and my pre Tulsa game prediction was
      they would get exposed. That was an understatement. TT and EH looked confused and out of place.
      I think both could eventually go the way of Glass and Holland. Hope they prove me wrong.
      Have not lost faith in MM yet and think we are going to need him and soon. I'd give SM an
      ultimatum. Show some energy and enthusiasm ALL the time or find a school that will except your
      lack of heart. Enormous talent going to waste. I'd invest in MM. Right now, LS is the second best
      player on the team behind RB, but of course when Fred gets healthy he will be third. ZB also needs
      to step it up and be a factor or there is going to be a lot of minutes for next years freshmen
      class. CF is going to be an enormous help. Not worried about EW - he just had a bad game, but I
      the only freshman that I am encouraged by right now is LS. Think RN needs to pull his RS as we need
      him now.
      Lets not go too far the other way. EH only played 4 minutes and really didn't do anything either way. He didn't contribute but wasn't a liability either. TT played 5 minutes, made some mistakes, but also was one of the few people on the team that looked willing to drive or create a shot besides Baker and Grady. That is what we really lacked last night on the offensive end. No one want to be the guy to make the play. They just kept looking for Baker. Brown needs to grow a pair and use his driving ability. We don't need someone who sits out on the wing and just passes the ball around. He looked terrified to have to dribble last night. Shamet played ok, but made dumb fouling mistakes. He seemed hesistant at times too.

TL:DR: The rest of the team besides Baker/Grady needs to take some chances and attack the hoop or create a shot.

Comment

Disagree on Hamilton. The dude has a motor and size. He supposedly has skills as well, he just needs time to adjust to D1. We all know that the bigs take a little longer, I think he'll be just fine and probably a very good player for us.

Comment

I think this game will be a beatdown. It should be a throttling. That being said, I hope FVV does not dress. I hope RB plays very little. I hope someone besides EW starts at the 3. I don't care if he starts at the 4 or comes off the bench, but if last night is indicative, he doesn't have the foot speed to defend the 3. Teams like UNI will have a hay day against him if he's still playing the 3. We need to develop that position. Even if it ends up with FVV at the 1, CF at the 2, and RB at the 3, we still need a back-up 3. I hope the freshmen play a lot. We need to get them as many minutes as possible in these games so they are prepared for later in the season. I hope the sophomores play a lot. We need to find out if ZB and SM are really willing to put in the effort to play angry and help this team going forward. I'm not assuming any of these things will happen, which is why I don't make the big bucks.

WSU-75
          ESU-49
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

We will continue to struggle against the zone until FVV is healthy. Tulsa went man only a few times and we scored on most of those possessions. When CF is available you will not be able to zone or man us. Everyone needs to calm down. Our freshman are still very good, but a zone defense is very difficult to attack at the college level the first few times you play against it. Once Fred is healthy Baker will be in the top of the key on offense with Fred running point and CF on the wing. Just like last year when we torched zone defenses.

Comment

100-60
              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by GoShox View Post
                We will continue to struggle against the zone until FVV is healthy. Tulsa went man only a few times and we scored on most of those possessions. When CF is available you will not be able to zone or man us. Everyone needs to calm down. Our freshman are still very good, but a zone defense is very difficult to attack at the college level the first few times you play against it. Once Fred is healthy Baker will be in the top of the key on offense with Fred running point and CF on the wing. Just like last year when we torched zone defenses.
                You also can't beat zones when only 1 person is willing/able to try to penetrate the defense. Baker was the only person willing to try to make the zone collapse. Fred wanted to, but his injuries wouldn't let him. Shamet did at times, but wasn't on the floor enough to help. ZB didn't do anything, Taylor only saw 5 min.

Comment

A 30+ point victory over D2 ESU will lead to a disappointing and embarrassing Thanksgiving trip. I hope that I wrong and that the supporting cast gets their **** together.
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Plenty to work on in this one and hopefully a week and a half of rest gets FVV healed up.

WSU 83
                    ESU 61

Comment

Brown and Shaq and Shamet must contribute some. They don't have to be stars, but they can't pee down their leg, neither.

Comment

Five hours and no Mr. T pics yet?

I'm disappointed. :)

Comment

him now.
                          Comparing TT to holland? Little early to be drinking isn't it?

Comment

him now.
                            I think it is very sad that we already have our own fans essentially saying that some of our freshmen should transfer after 2 games into the season. It is a marathon not a sprint. Come on. Don't need to be a sunshine pumper but no need to get this crazy 2 games into the season.
                            Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                              Comparing TT to holland? Little early to be drinking isn't it?
                              In addition to being off the reservation about Landry being the second best player on the team. Easy does it there skippy.

Comment

Working...
                              X