Wichita State vs Tulsa GAME THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
    After that, I actually think we should fall about 8-10 spots in the polls. The depth I was expecting out of Brown, Dubya and Morris was nonexistent. If we don't have that, we aren't top 10
    I doubt we drop past 15. They usually don't make huge decisions in polls this early on in the season.

Comment

• On a positive note, Grady was awesome.

Comment

• Just a reminder of how spoiled we've been. The team has consistently won games like this the past few years: games where the other team and their fans treat it like a Super Bowl. Combine that with the fact that Tulsa is a solid team and it makes it that much harder. Losing is never fun, but it teaches you more, and maybe it'll teach the freshmen/sophomores that Ron and Fred (who also was injured, which we all know) aren't gonna be able to bail them out; it's up to them to contribute to the team too.

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I think more good comes from this than bad.

Comment

• We need depth at PG .. December 12th can't come soon enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
            I doubt we drop past 15. They usually don't make huge decisions in polls this early on in the season.
            I figure that's about right. I just mean right now we don't look like a top ten yet. I think we will soon but there are some kinks.

Tulsa was a good team and a great test for us. If we're going to take this loss, I'm okay with it going to that group of upperclassmen, and I really do think they will do their part by putting together a good season. They won't disappoint us.

Comment

• First and way foremost, hats off to Tulsa. Great game plan, well executed, played with energy the entire game and fought back after half.

Gotta be more than Fred and Ron. Young guys haven't paid their dues yet...and they didn't win 35 straight, but they act like it.

Terrible game, poorly officiated and Fred still hurt, but no complaining here. Learn from it and get better. Long season and lots of room for improvement.

Comment

• Now I can enjoy kicking the **** out of Tulsa next year. Recently, it's been about as fun as hammering UT West Midland Permian Basin Tech.

So, there is that. Way to go Tulsa.

Now be sure and stick it all the way in next game. I know you will.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I feel bad for emporia state

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    If the defender can't run backwards faster then the guy with the ball can run forwards, it's a foul on the defensive guy. that's just not right.
                    That doesn't bother me so much if the defender creates contact and impedes the offensive player, but when the defender is running back, trying to avoid contact, and it's clear to everyone (except the officials) that the offense created all the contact, now THAT bothers me

Comment

• Sheesh, calm down everyone.

We looked bad. Some players performed terrible. Not the first time in the past few years this has happened.

This game was basically a push from the get-go. Most of the stats and lines said as much. Losing this game is not a shock; if it is then you weren't following along.

We won't free fall in the polls. If it is more than 5 spots I'd be really surprised. Several top 25 teams have already lost, in similarly unimpressive fashions. Pollsters can see this Tulsa squad was a solid team last year, and possibly a top 25 group this year, and it was a road game.

Comment

• Shamet-5 fouls in 11 minutes; Shaq-4 fouls in 11 minutes

Comment

• I think we really missed Tekele tonight. He was as tough as they come and would just impose his will. We don't seem to have that component this year.

Comment

• Can anyone guess how many sets of "Lines" the boys will run tomorrow? That's if teams still run Lines. I'm old school like that. I would say good effort but it didn't appear like effort tonight. Season is long and I know come March it'll be a different story.
                            When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                              On a positive note, Grady was awesome.
                              I agree with this. He had a good game while Ron was his usual awesomeness. This was a tough road game. It's been a long time since we've had to play this level of team on the road at the beginning of the season. Lots of lessons for 3G to build on. We got beat by the better team tonight. Lots of games to be played. Not worried about the polls right now, just worried about FVV getting healthy. It's clear we need his leadership.

Comment

• Originally posted by KSUUWSU View Post
                                Can anyone guess how many sets of "Lines" the boys will run tomorrow? That's if teams still run Lines. I'm old school like that. I would say good effort but it didn't appear like effort tonight. Season is long and I know come March it'll be a different story.
                                I think they run stairs now.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X