WSU Versus Tulsa-Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Tulsa-Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. When you sow the golden hurricane, you will reap the black and yellow whirlwind. Tulsa does return every player back from a solid team last Season and are led by James Woodard and Shaquille Harrison. They have 'huffed and puffed' but not defeated our beloved Shocks since Marshall has been here. Even so, the all seeing eyes of our road warriors will be focused and understand that this will be a very tough game on the cold and lonely road.

The big concern we now have is getting All American FVV healthy and past these nagging injuries that are afflicting him right now. Our Freshmen were solid collectively in our first win. The rule changes now dictate that each ref must bring spare whistles. Thus, the Shocks must keep their hands to themselves, and move their feet on defense to adapt and prevail. I am sooo glad we have quality depth which will be of essence this Season, maybe more than ever before. I hope we are a penetrating team on offense that becomes a top 10 team in drawing fouls and then making more than our fair share of throws.

WSU----68

Tulsa---61
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

tulsa superbowl coming up this tuesday. totally senior dominated team. it will be a tall order if fvv doesn't play.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
      tulsa superbowl coming up this tuesday. totally senior dominated team. it will be a tall order if fvv doesn't play.
      And you never know what you will get from game to game with inexperienced freshmen especially on the road.

Comment

KenPom has this as the only game predicted to be a Shocker Loss 66-67 with a 49% probability of winning. This is before Tulsa plays today versus Central Arkansas which the prediction is 81-60 and 97% odds. Will update tomorrow
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

No question our hands will be full Tuesday. Very, very full.

Honestly, this is what WSU vs Tulsa SHOULD be.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
            KenPom has this as the only game predicted to be a Shocker Loss 66-67 with a 49% probability of winning. This is before Tulsa plays today versus Central Arkansas which the prediction is 81-60 and 97% odds. Will update tomorrow
            Hard to know where WSU stands in Vegas since there wasn't a line on the Charleston Southern game, but I bet Wichita State is a 4.5 point favorite. Vegas usually doesn't deviate more than a point or two away from KenPom early in this season so it will be interesting to see.

Comment

KenPom is clueless

Shox 69-67

someone hits a trey at the buzzer.
              For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
              - said no one ever...

Comment

Tulsa up 44-38 over Central Arkansas at half.
                In the fast lane

Comment

The success of the Freshman may serve to motivate the Sophomores This recruiting class may prove to be one of the top two or three all time.

Comment

398,121 - 71 (60 wins against WSU)
                    386,552 - 79 (64 wins against Tulsa)

I believe this could be a blowout for the Shox. However with FVV possibly not playing or at 100%, and the hype on all of the returning Tulsa players, I'm going to go for a conservative Shocker win.

Comment

Gene 76
                      Nolan 75

Comment

I'm very nervous about this game without Fred. Without him this should be a very very close game.

Comment

Shocks by 16 but the game is much closer than the score will indicate.
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

KenPom now has Tulsa 69-68 at 50% odds after Tulsa beat Central Arkansas 98-81. Game had only 20+17=37 fouls called.
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Tulsa smells blood in the water. Playing at home, FVV may not play and if he does he is playing hurt, their Seniors are tired of losing to us and want a big win, and as usual the standard target on our back applies. We lose by 6.

Comment

Working...
                              X