Maui anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maui anyone?

MAUI, HAWAII-– The Maui Jim Maui Invitational today announced the Championship Round field for the 2017 Tournament, which features high-profile programs and some of college basketball's rising powerhouses.

2017 field is California, LSU, Marquette, Michigan, Notre Dame, VCU and host Chaminade
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
    http://www.goshockers.com/news/2015/...112153821.aspx

2017 field is California, LSU, Marquette, Michigan, Notre Dame, VCU and host Chaminade
    Once again I go "meh, really good, but where's the Top 10 team"

.... and then I remember.

Comment

That would have been an awesome field this year. In two years, besides WSU, who knows.

Comment

Notre Dame is fast becoming the new DePaul, following is to all these tournaments.

Certainly an upgrade.
        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Is Notre Dame becoming our new DePaul?
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
            Is Notre Dame becoming our new DePaul?
            Talk about your all-time upgrades.

Comment

Us being a top 10 team in 2 years is far from a given.

Comment

The problem is that when Maui calls, we say 'Yep'. Then they call the blue bloods, and the blue bloods say, "Who else ya got?" They find out it's us, and they say "no thanks.

I would bet money on this scenario.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Count me in!

Comment

Not the best field imaginable, but there are probably not any pushovers. Interesting to see if California or LSU: 1. Will even be worth a damn this year 2. Will continue to recruit at a high level and be nationally relevant in 2 years.

Comment

Every team in the field sans Chaminade has the chance to be a very good team in 2017. Who knows. I could see this ending up being a stacked tourney, but I could also see it being filled with average teams.

Comment

2017 Maui Trnm

The article that started this by Wuzee cites the fact that WSU the 2nd best record in the country since 2011-12 with 151 wins. Within the last week, a pretty reliable source told me that WSU has the best record over the past 5 yrs. Can anyone confirm this, pls? Nothing was said about WSU's road record, but it has been touted during numerous TV games as the best in the country for the past 4 or 5 yrs

Comment

Originally posted by xazshox View Post
                          The article that started this by Wuzee cites the fact that WSU the 2nd best record in the country since 2011-12 with 151 wins. Within the last week, a pretty reliable source told me that WSU has the best record over the past 5 yrs. Can anyone confirm this, pls? Nothing was said about WSU's road record, but it has been touted during numerous TV games as the best in the country for the past 4 or 5 yrs
                          I was of that impression as well...in total wins, win percentage and road win percentage. Could be mistaken though.

Comment

So essentially, the 2016/2017 Shocker team that I have high expectations for, will be the team taking the floor in Maui, just a year older.
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                              So essentially, the 2016/2017 Shocker team that I have high expectations for, will be the team taking the floor in Maui, just a year older.
                              Seniors - Brown, Frankamp, Kelly, Morris, Smith
                              Juniors - Shamet, Allen, Nurger, McDuffie, Hamilton, Taylor (depending on redshirts)
                              Soph - Keyser

Comment

Working...
                              X