No announcement yet.

Shocker Roster for 2015/16 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's just one sentence where WSU and KU can be mentioned together...

Wichita State has finished ranked higher than KU in the final USA Today Coaches poll in each of the last 3 years with an average ranking of 7.3 to 13.

Hey...another!

Wichita State has improved or maintained their preseason ranking to final ranking in each of the last 3 years, while KU slid an average of 7 spots from preseason to final.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      "What do you think the response of the boosters would be if the best basketball college in Kansas went after players ranked at 300 instead of potential OAD's?
      The best basketball college in Kansas has been going after high-level players at Sunrise instead of OADs for several years now. The boosters liked it so much they pulled out their wallets and gave the coach a $1.5MM/year raise.

Fact.

Comment

As I said a couple weeks ago, how many Royals fans are rejoicing because the Royals proved that championships don't require money and prestige but instead hard work, teamwork, toughness, etc....and how many of those same fans who are also KU fans forget that exact argument when the conversation moves to college basketball?
        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
          Without acknowledging the ridiculous "players ranked at 300" portion of this comment, I actually think the boosters of KU would probably be really excited if they recruited fewer one-and-dones and more four year guys. Nearly every KU fan that I've spoken with thinks that a team full of one-and-dones is too high risk/high reward. And lately, KU has just gotten all of the risk, with none of the reward. Knowledgeable KU fans (I know... an oxymoron for the most part) fondly remember guys like Wayne Simien, Paul Pierce, Mario Chalmers and a bunch of guys that stuck around for three or four years. KU's best teams have always been led by veterans.
          As 3G likes to say, we don't care about a players ranking. Our coaches are better evaluators of talent than a bunch of guys sitting behind a computer.

Comment

Also. Let's just suppose for a moment that WSU is made up of a rag-tag bunch of not-so-great players.

The implications that would have on the disparity of coaching at the two institutions would blow some people's minds.

It has to be something. You can't have all the better players and all the better coaching and all the better fans and the better conference and the better schehdule and the better arena and get shown up consistently over a 3 year period by said team, and have said coach and players put in a clown suit when they meet. The math doesn't work out.

Comment

I would just like to say to all those Chicken hawks! FVV and Ron Baker. Envy much?

Comment

Shock Envy
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Doc has often told me that 3G is the PERFECT coach for Wichita State Basketball. Can I add that Fred might be the PERFECT student-athlete for Shocker Basketball? Would anyone argue that?
                  78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                    Doc has often told me that 3G is the PERFECT coach for Wichita State Basketball. Can I add that Fred might be the PERFECT student-athlete for Shocker Basketball? Would anyone argue that?
                    My answer would absolutely be no argument...maybe. It depends on your definition of PERFECT. For example, some may consider Ron, a small town kid that gets not a whiff from the P5 schools and grows into an All American as the PERFECT student-athlete. Others may consider an Evan Wessel, the local kid that was in his teammates shadow for years in high school only to become the epitome of what hard work and hustle can do for you on a national championship contender. I guess in other words, I personally agree 100% with your statement, but would also agree if one of a couple of other players names had been inserted in place of FVV.

Comment

No it's Fred. And I love me all the Ron Baker I can get, but you win in the face of adversity and in the face of people that tell you that you can't time and time and time again.

You overcome and you do it with quiet resolve but with a chip on your shoulder, proving yourself to everyone that questions you.

That's perfect for WSU, and it's perfect Fred.

Comment

You'll get no argument from me.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG the koolaid runs thick and deep and the refuse to see the facts crowd is alive and well!

"What do you think the response of the boosters would be if the best basketball college in Kansas went after players ranked at 300 instead of potential OAD's?

Make no mistake - Greggggg caught lightning in a bottle for one game and KU would decimate WSUck this season. Let's hope the stars align and somehow that match-up happens again this season. Marshmallow's remark after last year's game shed light on him knowing he got his 1 game out of 5 victory that night when he said he was satisfied with the current record between the 2 teams. WSUck has a looooong way to go before they should ever be mentioned in the same sentence as KU. FACT!"

Living rent free indeed.

"Make no mistake" indeed....just ignore the truth boys.
                          That whole thread was comical...you KNOW they don't want another shot at that....:)

Comment

No it's Fred. And I love me all the Ron Baker I can get, but you win in the face of adversity and in the face of people that tell you that you can't time and time and time again.

You overcome and you do it with quiet resolve but with a chip on your shoulder, proving yourself to everyone that questions you.

That's perfect for WSU, and it's perfect Fred.
                            The marketing department needs to resurrect the "I Am Wichita State" campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                              My answer would absolutely be no argument...maybe. It depends on your definition of PERFECT. For example, some may consider Ron, a small town kid that gets not a whiff from the P5 schools and grows into an All American as the PERFECT student-athlete. Others may consider an Evan Wessel, the local kid that was in his teammates shadow for years in high school only to become the epitome of what hard work and hustle can do for you on a national championship contender. I guess in other words, I personally agree 100% with your statement, but would also agree if one of a couple of other players names had been inserted in place of FVV.
                              So you're saying we have 3 perfect WSU atheletes on one team. Can't argue with that either.

Comment

Working...
                              X