WSU Versus Charleston Southern-- Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Charleston Southern-- Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. New Shocker Season Ahoy! "15 Shockers playing on Friday the 13th, Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of Shock." Does it get any better than this? We play the Buccaneers on Friday the 13th to jump start a new and exciting Season.

I'm predicting Marshall Law which means no illegal jump hooks, no swishswashbuckling, no nipping Captain Morgan, and no walking the plank unless Wessel says so. Guess who is the favorite SN poster of the Buccaneers. Aaaaargh! Aye!!

Charleston Southern play in the Big South Conference. Coach Marshall will see to it we understand this opponent
    is talented and we will be prepared to sail to a victory. Hopefully, FVV is back full at throttle. I really like our mix of experienced Shocks back with a twist of very gifted new players now on our squad.

Shocks------ 74

Buccaneers- 56
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

With FVV, 83-52

Without FVV, 78-55
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Picked 8th of 11 in the Big South in a rebuilding year (did get one 1st place vote) for Marshall coaching tree acorn Barclay Radebaugh's Bucs.

Time to start building to April.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
        Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of Shock."
        Good one. I like that.
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

What happened to Charleston Southern? They were a 125-150ish team just a couple years ago. We played them in the 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons, and those were good guarantee games for us at those times. Not looking to be as beneficial this year...
          78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
            What happened to Charleston Southern? They were a 125-150ish team just a couple years ago. We played them in the 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons, and those were good guarantee games for us at those times. Not looking to be as beneficial this year...
            That was a veteran team. They appear to be on the 4-year cycle plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
              Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
              "Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of Shock."
              Good one. I like that.
              Me too.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                That was a veteran team. They appear to be on the 4-year cycle plan.
                Ah, the UNI plan.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'll take the Shox in this one 81-60 - Baker leads with18 pts and Grady gets his first WSU double-double.

Comment

WSU 83
                    CS 62
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

76-62...first game 'jitters'...

Comment

This should be another game that we can try lots of combinations to begin developing our most effective and strategic rotations of players, knowing our foes will be throwing everything including the kitchen sink at us. Hopefully FVV is back and healthy. I prefer us running with both All Americans at full throttle from this moment on with a healthy FVV.

Our rebounding will be very good but will we be a top 10 rebounding team? Even FVV and Baker are solid rebounders and our best defenders. Speaking of defense, our team defense will only improve as the Season unfolds and this asset as always will spark our offense.

It will be nice having the talented Freshmen in the mix with the energy boost and talents they bring to the table and the additions of Grady and Frankamp will be just what the good Doc ordered. Here is what is spooky but real if we are a healthy injury free team. We will just keep improving as we go and let's hope we peak in March and even more so in April. Not saying there will be no forks in the road. However, I like our chances to quickly amend any setbacks 'quick on quick' with our solid 5 Seniors and such quality depth and our awesome Coaches that will keep us on our toes and prepared for anything and everything.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          Ah, the UNI plan.
                          That is exactly what I call it, yes. There are certainly worse plans out there. I like the Marshall Plan.

Comment

Since this is another weak team, I expect Marshall to go deep in the bench again, especially late in the game. So I guess we might get a good understanding of which freshman might be redshirting or not (unless he just comes out and says in on the coach's show tonight).

Us - 80
                            Them - 61

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                              Since this is another weak team, I expect Marshall to go deep in the bench again, especially late in the game. So I guess we might get a good understanding of which freshman might be redshirting or not (unless he just comes out and says in on the coach's show tonight).

Us - 80
                              Them - 61
                              Time and channel for coach's show?
                              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                              X