No announcement yet.

Predict the 10-11 major players.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd flip Landry and Zach, but otherwise I agree. It will be interesting to see how it evolves as the year goes on, it has been very dynamic in years past.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      MM played in the CSU game. No redshirt for him.
      Unless he gets hurt in the next few weeks and receives a medical redshirt

Comment

Originally posted by TheDover1018 View Post
        I'd flip Landry and Zach, but otherwise I agree. It will be interesting to see how it evolves as the year goes on, it has been very dynamic in years past.
        I originally put Landry above Zach, but then noticed the make up of the roster, and a lot of natural 1's and 2's were up there, and obviously 80 minutes between 2 positions for around 4-5 players and 2 of the 4-5 are All-Americans, means that Conner/Landry/Ty are going to have to battle hard for those minutes. Zach fits better at the 3 and because of that I think it just forces Brown to get minutes over some of those other guys.

It was a hard decision.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
          I originally put Landry above Zach, but then noticed the make up of the roster, and a lot of natural 1's and 2's were up there, and obviously 80 minutes between 2 positions for around 4-5 players and 2 of the 4-5 are All-Americans, means that Conner/Landry/Ty are going to have to battle hard for those minutes. Zach fits better at the 3 and because of that I think it just forces Brown to get minutes over some of those other guys.

It was a hard decision.
          Depending on who is and not getting it, there is a lot of flexibility in our roster. So far, it appears Grady "gets it". Then is up to Morris, BWam, Kelly, and Hamilton as to whether Grady plays more 4 or 5. Right now it looks like a 5. Fred's got the 1 (if healthy), but Ron does have some flexibility like Grady. Ron could move to the 3, Evan could move to the 4 or if Kelly does well, Evan may split his time at the 3 and 4. Landry could also play the 3. Some of these lineups may not be what we had hoped for, but they might have to work.

Grady (Morris), Kelly (Wessel), Baker (Wessel), Frankamp (Shamet), VanVleet (Frankamp). That's 8 guys playing most of the minutes with Morris definitely vulnerable as is Kelly to a lesser degree. Who gets the spot minutes or pushes someone else off one of those positions is up to how well others respond. They better do it before Frankamp become eligible because he may make available minutes much harder to come by and thus, less time to prove yourself.

If Brown earns more time, Baker may move back to the 2 or Wessel plays more 4. It will depend on who coach feels, as players more than position, can get the job done as a group.

Of course, this is based only on one game against a quality opponent.

Comment

Kelly is not in danger of losing significant minutes. He would have to be squeezed on both sides with two of the following four things happening: Shaq and BWam commanding minutes at the 5 to push Grady to the 4, one of Markis and Zach stepping up to force Wessel to the 4, Hamilton stepping up big, or Shamet pushing Baker to the three.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              Kelly is not in danger of losing significant minutes. He would have to be squeezed on both sides with two of the following four things happening: Shaq and BWam commanding minutes at the 5 to push Grady to the 4, one of Markis and Zach stepping up to force Wessel to the 4, Hamilton stepping up big, or Shamet pushing Baker to the three.
              First, you did notice I had Kelly starting among a potential 8 man rotation. However, the distance between him and the 4 seniors is much greater than it is to the group of 3 behind him. Potentially even greater than a couple more. For this team to be successful, it's going to take more than 3 offensive weapons. It may mean giving up a little D if the team can gain a lot more O. I don't believe we can be strongly successful having 2 guys play 20-25 per game and average 4-5 points per game. One, yes. Two, no.

Baker won't be going to the 3 unless Frankamp (or a combination of Frankamp and Shamet), makes himself more valuable on the court than someone already at the 3 or 4. Likewise, if Brown starts to play like we think he can, he could reduce Wessel's minutes or force Wessel to also play some 4.

At this time, there are only 3 untouchables: FVV, Baker, and Grady. Wessel's not far behind. Everyone else at this time can be pushed out of minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                First, you did notice I had Kelly starting among a potential 8 man rotation. However, the distance between him and the 4 seniors is much greater than it is to the group of 3 behind him. Potentially even greater than a couple more. For this team to be successful, it's going to take more than 3 offensive weapons. It may mean giving up a little D if the team can gain a lot more O. I don't believe we can be strongly successful having 2 guys play 20-25 per game and average 4-5 points per game. One, yes. Two, no.

Baker won't be going to the 3 unless Frankamp (or a combination of Frankamp and Shamet), makes himself more valuable on the court than someone already at the 3 or 4. Likewise, if Brown starts to play like we think he can, he could reduce Wessel's minutes or force Wessel to also play some 4.

At this time, there are only 3 untouchables: FVV, Baker, and Grady. Wessel's not far behind. Everyone else at this time can be pushed out of minutes.
                Not seeing it with Kelly. I'd put him right next to Wessel and then the big drop off.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                X