• Show
Clear All

• Nurger

They warming up. Where's Nurger?

Originally posted by Ol skool View Post
    They warming up. Where's Nurger?
    Preserving a redshirt per Suellentroup

Comment

Well that's a really, really good sign of things to come.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Preserving a redshirt per Suellentroup
        And there's our Grant Gibbs kids. Lol Oh man...that poor guy is definitely on the 10-year college plan.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
          And there's our Grant Gibbs kids. Lol Oh man...that poor guy is definitely on the 10-year college plan.
          I believe he graduated high school at 19 (common in Northern Europe), finished prep school at age 20, and will be 22 when he starts his RS sophomore year (if it works out that way). 25 year old senior? I think Carl Hall was the same.
          Livin the dream

Comment

In the recent past, playing in an exhibition game didn't endanger a redshirt. Has something changed?

Comment

Originally posted by WholeWheat View Post
              In the recent past, playing in an exhibition game didn't endanger a redshirt. Has something changed?
              That's only true for freshman.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by WholeWheat View Post
                Only true for freshmen. Not Nurger.

Edit: Ninja'd!

Comment

Thanks. Good to know. Knew I could count on SN for the answer. (First time posting on mobile, by the way, and not able to quote).

Comment

Nurger red shirting is some nice strategy on Marshalls part. Good big men are hard to find and I think Nurger is going to be a valuable player for us down the road. If he keeps working hard and keeps getting stronger it will only benifit him and the Shocks. I could see him as a starter in a few years, and if not someone who could play 15 to 20 minutes a game...

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      I believe he graduated high school at 19 (common in Northern Europe), finished prep school at age 20, and will be 22 when he starts his RS sophomore year (if it works out that way). 25 year old senior? I think Carl Hall was the same.
                      He'll be 22 when he starts his RS sophomore year, but he'll also be 22 in 16 days. He would be closing in on 27 when his eligibility runs out.

Hall was born in March 89, so he was 23 at the start of his senior season, and only turned 24 during the Final Four run. So Nurger's nearly three years behind Hall.

Personally, I'll be very surprised if Nurger is playing at WSU in 2019. And feel kind of bad for him. Although it would probably be great for us.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                        He'll be 22 when he starts his RS sophomore year, but he'll also be 22 in 16 days. He would be closing in on 27 when his eligibility runs out.

Hall was born in March 89, so he was 23 at the start of his senior season, and only turned 24 during the Final Four run. So Nurger's nearly three years behind Hall.

Personally, I'll be very surprised if Nurger is playing at WSU in 2019. And feel kind of bad for him. Although it would probably be great for us.
                        I think he'll be 25 when done? If next season he's 22-23, then 23-24, then 24-25 and done.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I've pointed this out before elsewhere, but to recap: according to goshockers, Nurger was born November 24, 1993, and is thus currently not quite 22. If he continues with the redshirt plan this year, he will essentially be a 23 year old sophomore next season and will finish up at age 25. He'd be about 1 1/3 years older than Hall was at a comparable stage in their WSU careers.

So Rauno is indeed relatively old and getting more so, but for perspective a better comparison than Hall (at least in terms of age) is Graham Hatch, who was born October 30, 1986, and thanks to his Mormon mission was thus 24 and almost halfway to 25 when he helped WSU win the 2011 NIT. Nurger would be not quite a year beyond that if he completes his college career at WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            I think he'll be 25 when done? If next season he's 22-23, then 23-24, then 24-25 and done.
                            Sorry, mis-counted -- he would be around 25 and a half at the end of his eligibility. He's basically 22 right now.

Actually, I guess that's not terrible. Nurger's about a year and a half behind Hall.
                            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                              I've pointed this out before elsewhere, but to recap: according to goshockers, Nurger was born November 24, 1993, and is thus currently not quite 22. If he continues with the redshirt plan this year, he will essentially be a 23 year old sophomore next season and will finish up at age 25. He'd be about 1 1/3 years older than Hall was at a comparable stage in their WSU careers.

So Rauno is indeed relatively old and getting more so, but for perspective a better comparison than Hall (at least in terms of age) is Graham Hatch, who was born October 30, 1986, and thanks to his Mormon mission was thus 24 and almost halfway to 25 when he helped WSU win the 2011 NIT. Nurger would be not quite a year beyond that if he completes his college career at WSU.
                              Hatch is an excellent comparison.

Comment

Working...
                              X