Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Fred's foul trouble.
    Thanks for actually providing an real answer. You are the first.

However, I have to disagree. Fred played 35 minutes. Yeah, he had to be a little more cautious because of the fouls, but he's a smart kid and knows how to handle it. Yes, this was A factor, but I don't think it was anywhere close to be the #1 factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      It's true. Barry Hinson has told his wife this for years.
      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
        I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. What I find interesting is that about 5 different people have said they don't think size was the most important factor, but none of them have suggested an alternative for what they think was the most important factor.

Either of you want to chime in?
        Actually, I mentioned determination. Determination was a bigger factor; one is just as intangible as the other. I used that to illustrate my point; trying to come up with the ONE biggest factor is like capturing odor in the air.

Comment

• Of course none of this is scientific. You can't measure the precise impact determination or size has on a game. That said, I think Kentucky was quite determined in that game. They played hard. I'm fine giving the Shockers the edge, but once again, no way was the Shox extra determination as big of an advantage as Kentucky's size. I just can't see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Fred's foul trouble.
            That was caused by playing man to man on a guy 6 inches taller?
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• As I remember, Julius Randle had twice as many assists in this game as any other game. He finally decided to play "team" instead of "one and done" basketball.....dammit

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                That was caused by playing man to man on a guy 6 inches taller?
                Or because the ref was a Doug Gottlieb fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                  Thanks for actually providing an real answer. You are the first.

However, I have to disagree. Fred played 35 minutes. Yeah, he had to be a little more cautious because of the fouls, but he's a smart kid and knows how to handle it. Yes, this was A factor, but I don't think it was anywhere close to be the #1 factor.
                  I disagree, while he played plenty of minutes, being in foul trouble eliminated one of his best defensive weapons: his hands. When Fred got his fourth foul we had a four point lead with five minutes to play. His ability to use his quick hands was his primary advantage against bigger guards and it removed his ability to use that late in the game with WSU holding a lead.

In fact, down the stretch Kentucky scored all but 5 if their 16 points from the line.
                  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• What do you think Gregg Marshall would say if asked about the one factor that cost us the game against UK? I don't think he would say it was their size. I think he would say Fred getting into foul trouble late in the game was a big issue for us. I also think he would say our inability to keep the Harrison twins out of the lane (this isn't necessarily because they are big, we have this problem with a lot of teams - Paris Lee is another example recently). This is just my opinion. Their size was somewhat negated by our age/experience.
                    Last edited by Dan; February 12, 2016, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                      It's true. Barry Hinson has told his wife this for years.
                      Damn, I knew there was one thing Barry and I had in common.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                        Damn, I knew there was one thing Barry and I had in common.
                        Your wife can shot-fake more than twice too?
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Your wife can shot-fake more than twice too?
                          Good one!!!

Comment

Your wife...YOUR WIFE...can shot-fake more than twice too?
                            FIFY
                            78-65

Comment

• The reason we lost was definitely due to the size. Not necessarily in the post, but Coach Cal went solely to his clear out and drive offense in the second half. They were able to isolate Fred against Harrison who drove him on every possession, which got Fred a couple of fouls and created back side rebounding opportunities in the second half. The glaring mismatches in this game weren't in the post, they were at the guards spots where Kentucky was 3-5 inches bigger across the board.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                                "Want to play a nice game of chess?"

And how can I not forget my first Hollywood crush:
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X