Would you want a home and home with Winthrop or George Mason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you want a home and home with Winthrop or George Mason

Both are excellent schools and friendly rivalries between us and either of them would be great for both schools

George Mason. I dont know how long the coaches at Winthrop are going to be able to maintain their program.
    ________
    Male advice dicussion
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

I would love a home & home with George Mason. Even though some of their students were the most rude Jacka$$es I've ever witnessed, I think our programs are similar, we have some alumni in the area, our programs travel in the same circles and I love their arena!

:wsu_posters:

Comment

George Mason would be my first choice, but Winthrop would be nice too.

Comment

Both would be nice, but i just cant see coach scheduling a home and home with Winthrop as long as he is the coach. Its pretty much the same reason turgeon wont schedule us.
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
            Both would be nice, but i just cant see coach scheduling a home and home with Winthrop as long as he is the coach. Its pretty much the same reason turgeon wont schedule us.
            CGM won't schedule Winthrop because his friends are still the coaches there. Turgeon has no ties to any of the coaches at WSU anymore. So there are completely different reasons as to why he wouldn't schedule aTm and WSU. But I honestly think the reason MT wouldn't schedule WSU would be because he is afraid of getting beat by a "Mid-Major"

Comment

I hope Coach won't think that this series will be a rivalry but a showing two styles that neither part gets to see very often

Comment

Is this a rhetorical question?

Of course the answer is yes.

If you're asking which we prefer, I'd definitely say George Mason. GMU is from a better conference and has some pretty good history with us.

Winthrop is a nice program, but as already mentioned, it wouldn't happen.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Yes
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Wushock41
                    I would love a home & home with George Mason. Even though some of their students were the most rude Jacka$$es I've ever witnessed, I think our programs are similar, we have some alumni in the area, our programs travel in the same circles and I love their arena!
                    Well, the GMU fans that have posted here have been excellent.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

I too would want the GMU series. It gives us East Coast exposure in a very large media and recruiting area. Plus it was fun to watch the two teams go after it for a couple of years.

Comment

I've had no issues with either Mason or Winthrop fans online. But if I were to choose one it'd be Mason. As rr said the media market and recruiting area would be nice to tap into.

The same case could be made for Winthrop though. Obviously Rock Hill isn't a major player in itself but that area of the country has a lot of talent. I'd love to see us play someone from the southeast on a consistent basis to help recruiting in that area.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Turgeon has no ties to any of the coaches at WSU anymore. So there are completely different reasons as to why he wouldn't schedule aTm and WSU. But I honestly think the reason MT wouldn't schedule WSU would be because he is afraid of getting beat by a "Mid-Major"
                          turgeon knows that he will have to walk thru the vistors tunnel knowing that 1,000 students would be there to pummel him with eggs, soft drinks, and popcorn..not to mention the "so what, whose that, big deal, who cares, YOU SUCK!" chants

Comment

Originally posted by InWuWeTrust
                            Turgeon has no ties to any of the coaches at WSU anymore. So there are completely different reasons as to why he wouldn't schedule aTm and WSU. But I honestly think the reason MT wouldn't schedule WSU would be because he is afraid of getting beat by a "Mid-Major"
                            turgeon knows that he will have to walk thru the vistors tunnel knowing that 1,000 students would be there to pummel him with eggs, soft drinks, and popcorn..not to mention the "so what, whose that, big deal, who cares, YOU SUCK!" chants
                            Let me guess... you're a 17 year old PUNK! :roll:
                            SFL is back!

Comment

I don't think GM would schedule WInthrop.

George Mason would be cool.

Others I wouldn't mind seeing in home/home:
                              DePaul
                              Xavier
                              Kansas St.
                              Oklahoma St.
                              Texas Tech (done)
                              Cincinatti
                              Memphis (though will probably never happen again in my lifetime)
                              Louisville (again, just like Memphis)
                              Tulsa
                              New Mexico
                              ORU
                              Oregon State

Giving 2 for 1s: :D
                              Michigan St.
                              KU
                              Florida
                              Arizona
                              Syracuse
                              Maryland (because neither of the 3 would do it, they're, well, I cant use that term on this board)
                              :shock: 8)

Comment

Working...
                              X