Clear All

Originally posted by JVShocker

Giving 2 for 1s: :D
    Michigan St.
    KU
    Florida
    Arizona
    Syracuse
    Maryland (because neither of the 3 would do it, they're, well, I cant use that term on this board)
    :shock: 8)
    The only 2 for 1 I'd consider here is 2 at the chuck and 1 in there barn , otherwise F them
    From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

i would like to see winthrop schedule a home and home with a top tier mvc team, but i would not want it to be against wsu.

call it a practicing the art of avoidance if you want...but i my loyalty is with winthrop...but i want to see the shockers successful as well...a head to head only gets in the way of that...still, its intruiging

:posterwu: get it?

Comment

InWuWeTrust wrote:
        Quote:
        Turgeon has no ties to any of the coaches at WSU anymore. So there are completely different reasons as to why he wouldn't schedule aTm and WSU. But I honestly think the reason MT wouldn't schedule WSU would be because he is afraid of getting beat by a "Mid-Major"

turgeon knows that he will have to walk thru the vistors tunnel knowing that 1,000 students would be there to pummel him with eggs, soft drinks, and popcorn..not to mention the "so what, whose that, big deal, who cares, YOU SUCK!" chants

Let me guess... you're a 17 year old PUNK!

nope, i'm 71

Comment

InWuWeTrust wrote:
          Turgeon has no ties to any of the coaches at WSU anymore. So there are completely different reasons as to why he wouldn't schedule aTm and WSU. But I honestly think the reason MT wouldn't schedule WSU would be because he is afraid of getting beat by a "Mid-Major"

turgeon knows that he will have to walk thru the vistors tunnel knowing that 1,000 students would be there to pummel him with eggs, soft drinks, and popcorn..not to mention the "so what, whose that, big deal, who cares, YOU SUCK!" chants

SFL wrote:
          Let me guess... you're a 17 year old PUNK!

naah, i'm 71

Comment

As I've said quite few times on this board...YES.

With our three games in '06 it was already a budding rivalry, they were great games and I think it's a marketable match up.

:goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker
              I don't think GM would schedule WInthrop.

George Mason would be cool.

Others I wouldn't mind seeing in home/home:
              DePaul
              Xavier
              Kansas St.
              Oklahoma St.
              Texas Tech (done)
              Cincinatti
              Memphis (though will probably never happen again in my lifetime)
              Louisville (again, just like Memphis)
              Tulsa
              New Mexico
              ORU
              Oregon State

Giving 2 for 1s: :D
              Michigan St.
              KU
              Florida
              Arizona
              Syracuse
              Maryland (because neither of the 3 would do it, they're, well, I cant use that term on this board)
              :shock: 8)
              To maybe tweak your list a little bit, I would like to see 1 and 1's with these teams:
              Kansas St.
              Oklahoma St.
              Texas A&M (not because of coach, but for recruiting purposes)
              Memphis
              Louisville
              Cincy
              Texas
              Illinois (yet another recruiting hot bed, and not involving a MVC school)
              Butler
              Georgia Tech (bottom tier ACC, and get into the south)
              Georgia (same reason as Tech)
              George Mason
              Kansas (you shouldn't have to give them a 2 for 1 ever)
              Stanford

I'd give 2 for 1's to the following:
              Duke
              North Carolina
              Michigan State
              UCLA
              Georgetown (or similar top level Big East team)

That'd be pretty much it. I would consider the 2-1 with KU if the 3rd game involved a different arena as Intrust or the Sprint Center. I know neither would be "neutral", but they wouldn't be played on the campus of the other school either. Or better yet go a 1-1-1-1 with both neutral sites being used and one at each school.

Comment

The costs associated with traveling to the east coast is prohibitive in my mind. Why not just focus on regional teams like Tulsa, ORU, Colorado, Nebraska, Saint Louis, Iowa State, etc.

Comment

KC, recruiting is why.

The more you play in a region, the more exposure you get to potential recruits. Of course, the real return vs. cost is very difficult to measure.

Comment

Why don't we just say basically any school in the BCS conferences who is willing to play us 1 on 1. Or possibly even consider another deal like we got two years ago when Syracuse paid us big bucks for us to travel up East and whip their butts.

And certainly GMU, Butler, and Gonzaga plus the schools in the WAC.

Comment

I think we should concentrate on inking deals with other top notch non-BCS schools like GMU, Butler, Dayton and Zags.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                        I think we should concentrate on inking deals with other top notch non-BCS schools like GMU, Butler, Dayton and Zags.
                        I'm all for that. But with ESPN and the likes we wouldn't get as much recognition for beating one of those teams as we would a poorer BcS school.

We really do need to find a way to play in the South. With Marshall and Grant having recruiting roots down there a little exposure could go a long way.

DePaul would also be great. Chicago has a lot of talent that would be nice to tap into.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Well, in today's world, I think beating the Zags is as good as most BCS schools.

Plus that would be an entertaining game, with GREAT crowds. It wouldn't be the biggest metro draw for ESPN but I'm all for at least acting like we want to be considered amongst the elites outside BCS conferences by stepping up with Gonzaga.

There aren't many other teams I'd rather schedule right now.

Comment

Seeing that they're down 59-21 at HALF, I'd take Oregon State.

Even considering that we're rebuilding, I think
                            we could handle them.
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                            X