Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part Two: Evan Wessel is so tough........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    Evan actually has some of the best "Evan Wessel is tough........" quotes, but he won't post them on Shockernet because he doesn't believe in any kind of submission.
    Winner winner!!!!

Comment

Evan Wessel starts because this is what happens when he sits the bench

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Evan Wessel starts because this is what happens when he sits the bench
        And that happens before he even sits down.

Comment

if worms had machine guns...Evan Wessel would not be scared.

Comment

Evan is so fearless that he helped throw a billionaire into a swimming pool...not just any billionaire either. It was the #1 donor of Shocker Athletics. That takes some major testicular fortitude.
            78-65

Comment

Wessel is tough and cool. So much so, it has been said, that when he goes #12 (1 and 2), only black and yellow ice cubes appear from both ends.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

2014-2015 versus Utah:
                Wessel - 9 rebounds (4 offensive)
                Poeltl - 11 rebounds

2014-2015 versus KU:
                Wessel - 9 rebounds (3 offensive)

2015-2016 versus UNLV
                Wessel - 6 rebounds (4 offensive)
                Zimmerman - 6 rebounds

Wessel shows up in when our back is against the wall in a matchup, and he apparently also loves playing against NBA prospect 7' centers and matching their rebounding stats at 6'5"

Comment

Games last night are were you see EW's value. I disagree with MK/DD that is rather see EW at the 3. He gives WSU so much more value as an undersized 4.

He's the glue guy, and there is nothing wrong with being the best glue guy in the nation.
                  The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                    Games last night are were you see EW's value. I disagree with MK/DD that is rather see EW at the 3. He gives WSU so much more value as an undersized 4.

He's the glue guy, and there is nothing wrong with being the best glue guy in the nation.
                    I think Evans brain thrives on being asked to out tough someone or win an underdog matchup. When he gets told to play the 4, his ability to bull his way into a successful game becomes his job. When he gets told to play the 3, his whole job changes into one that is not his forte even though you'd think his size would make it a natural position for him. At the 3 you are asking him to be a graceful shooter with handles who drives to the basket and gets points.

He's not a shooter, he's a junk yard dog. At the 4, all of his best qualities are more suitable, even though his size is a huge disadvantage.
                    Last edited by Dave Stalwart; December 11, 2015, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                      I think Evans brain thrives on being asked to out tough someone or win an underdog matchup. When he gets told to play the 4, his ability to pit bull his way into a successful game becomes his job. When he gets told to play the 3, his whole job changes into one that is not his forte even though you'd think his size would make it a natural position for him. At the 3 you are asking him to be a graceful shooter with handles who drives to the basket and gets points.

He's not a shooter, he's a junk yard dog. At the 4, all of his best qualities are more suitable, even though his size is a huge disadvantage.
                      Exactly! I hope they continue to play him where he and the team has had the most success.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog (and that barrel chest)
                      The Assman

Comment

This team is much better with Evan at the 4. He is one of the toughest ball players I've ever watched play.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                          This team is much better with Evan at the 4. He is one of the toughest ball players I've ever watched play.
                          Evan brings a lot to the table except scoring. If we needed scoring, there'd be no place for him to hide. With Fred, Ron and now Connor, he can be out there and contribute all the little things that we need.

I'd say that for my money, Fred is one of the toughest ball players I've ever watched play. That's because he makes everyone around him better, which has been so obviously demonstrated after his return. Fred is one helluva' leader.

By the way, and I don't know if anyone noticed Shaq diving for a loose ball in the first half of the UNLV game. Perhaps that part of Wessel will rub off on Shaq. If it does, we'll be a much better team.

Comment

Evan makes his living in the lane and under the basket, period. He dives for loose balls, scraps for rebounds and snags balls from the big guys that think they can take a couple dribbles down low. As much debate as we've had on this topic over the past 4 years, I think this year has proven where Evan's value lies. He's an undersized 4 and there's nothing wrong with that. With Fred and Conner in the guard rotation, we have the luxury of being able to play Evan where he is needed most. I look forward to seeing his junkyard mentality back on the court.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                              Evan brings a lot to the table except scoring. If we needed scoring, there'd be no place for him to hide. With Fred, Ron and now Connor, he can be out there and contribute all the little things that we need.

I'd say that for my money, Fred is one of the toughest ball players I've ever watched play. That's because he makes everyone around him better, which has been so obviously demonstrated after his return. Fred is one helluva' leader.

By the way, and I don't know if anyone noticed Shaq diving for a loose ball in the first half of the UNLV game. Perhaps that part of Wessel will rub off on Shaq. If it does, we'll be a much better team.
                              I did notice. I noticed, too, that he was rubbing and looking at his elbow where he must have sustained a floor burn. It might have been an unusual feeling for him, but he got over it. Both are good things!
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                                I did notice. I noticed, too, that he was rubbing and looking at his elbow where he must have sustained a floor burn.
                                That's nothing. You should of seen what the floor was doing.
                                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                                X