Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z
    Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    Jans will help and like I said, the best thing is that Marshall (knows him) totally trusts what he says. However, we had some holes on our team last year when we played George Washington. The same players playing the same numbers of minutes (check out who played before Christmas-no Morris, very little Bush, a lot of Kelly ) that they played during the Sweet 16 win. We were a better team late in the year. We played real well some games (Tulsa, Seton Hall, Utah on the road) and we played some bad games (Hawaii on the island, etc.). We don't have the same holes this year and we have a lot more depth. Therefore, we should be better prepared as a basketball team not to have the same roller coaster lows as we did last year although we won't play on an even plane throughout this year either.

Some of you are acting like Marshall, Forbes, Heier, and Brown didn't know anything about scouting the game of basketball, and now the Savior has come to us. We had a lot of experience on our coaching staff last year.
    I don't think anyone was implying that the rest of the staff "didn't know anything about scouting", but if 3G says that Jans is one of the best scouts out there, then I'm certainly glad he's back on our team.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

First loss? Lose at all?

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
        First loss? Lose at all?

Oh I think we lose a game or two, but I wouldn't dare to predict which one that is.
        Livin the dream

Comment

30-3

Right now, I would truly be thrilled with 31-2. I would be fairly disappointed with 29-4. Strange how small the margin is for me. Of course, thing will change once the season starts and we see just how strong WSU's opponents actually are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
            30-3

Right now, I would truly be thrilled with 31-2. I would be fairly disappointed with 29-4. Strange how small the margin is for me. Of course, thing will change once the season starts and we see just how strong WSU's opponents actually are.
            Bipolar?

Comment

Not bipolar... I just feel like expectations are much more clear for this year. Given the Shox talent and the good, but not crazy hard schedule, I find it very hard to believe that 4 losses are possible without some real disappointment. At the same time, I feel that there are a handful of tough games, and enough "loseable" others, that 2-3 losses are still expected. Thus the "2 and I'm really happy, but 4 and I'm disappointed" thought process.

Comment

I'd say

33-0 - 1%
                32-1 - 10%
                31-2 - 25%
                30-3 - 50%
                29-4 - 11%
                28-5 - 2%
                Worse - 1% (This only happens if Bill Self kidnaps Baker and VanVleet and blackmails them with the threat to give their mothers season tickets for KU football games unless they both quit the hoops team)

Comment

Depends on how good Grady is... if he is Carl Hall good, this is a final 4 squad.

Comment

I just had to open my mouth and jinx it.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

After an exhibition game does anyone want to revisit their predictions. I thought 4 loses was a fair guess for me but after the exhibition game I think 2 losses is more in line.

Comment

I can't pick them to go undefeated. I just think that's too damn difficult. That being said, I don't see a game on the schedule that I think we have a good chance of losing.
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                          October 1, 2015 Kerry Miller in a Bleacher Report article (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-teams/page/21) predicted the Shockers would finish the season undefeated. Perhaps this board could establish a Poll reflecting posters predictions for the upcoming Shocker season?

IMO the Shockers could go undefeated as Miller predicted; three problematic games
                          1. a loss in the Advocare tournament (Xavier or Notre Dame)
                          2. at Evansville (game 22 in the season)
                          3. at Illinois State (game 24 in the season)
                          I will go on record as predicting a 28-2 season for the Shockers and hoping/praying for another perfect season that is complimented with perfect MVC and NCAA tournament runs.:adoration:
                          FVV's unseen hamstring injury has rendered my optimistic 28-2 season null and void. Here's hoping for his speedy recovery.

Postings by the Shockernet KC poster has influenced my opinion of this years Shockers; consequently I am changing my prediction to be more in line with his "sky is falling" rant and now predict the Shockers finishing the season with a 27-3 record. Please note the UNI game in Cedar Falls is going to be a problematic game for the Shockers to win, so a 26-4 season is within the realm of possibility.

Gee I hate giving up on HC3G and the Shockers but realism is called for regards this season!

Comment

Since the sky seems to many posters to be falling, I'll deviate from my usual practice of not predicting outcomes or records to pump a little sunshine:

Assuming FVV is back by the time WSU plays UNLV, Shocks will finish 27-6 or maybe 28-5 following a championship in the conference tournament (no guesses as to which games will produce the remaining two or three losses, but it would not surprise me for WSU to go undefeated against Valley teams all season). If he's out longer -- e.g., until conference play begins -- add in another loss, but Shocks still win in St. Louis and head for the NCAA loaded for bear.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                              Since the sky seems to many posters to be falling, I'll deviate from my usual practice of not predicting outcomes or records to pump a little sunshine:

Assuming FVV is back by the time WSU plays UNLV, Shocks will finish 27-6 or maybe 28-5 following a championship in the conference tournament (no guesses as to which games will produce the remaining two or three losses, but it would not surprise me for WSU to go undefeated against Valley teams all season). If he's out longer -- e.g., until conference play begins -- add in another loss, but Shocks still win in St. Louis and head for the NCAA loaded for bear.
                              This is kinda the way I feel. The team isn't very good right now. We are going to lose more games than most predicted, but we are going to be good yet in 2015 and that will carry on in 2016.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

We will take our lumps until Fred and CF are able to join the team. Come March we will
                                probably be around a twelve seed and all the prognosticators will be commenting that no
                                one wants to have to play us - and the coach of the team that draws us will groan.

Comment

Working...
                                X