Shocker 2015/16 Season Prediction Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker 2015/16 Season Prediction Poll

October 1, 2015 Kerry Miller in a Bleacher Report article (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-teams/page/21) predicted the Shockers would finish the season undefeated. Perhaps this board could establish a Poll reflecting posters predictions for the upcoming Shocker season?

IMO the Shockers could go undefeated as Miller predicted; three problematic games
    1. a loss in the Advocare tournament (Xavier or Notre Dame)
    2. at Evansville (game 22 in the season)
    3. at Illinois State (game 24 in the season)
    I will go on record as predicting a 28-2 season for the Shockers and hoping/praying for another perfect season that is complimented with perfect MVC and NCAA tournament runs.:adoration:

Add Tulsa to your list of problematic games. Tulsa is a solid team that will be at or near the top of the AAC. Coming out of their house with a win will be tough.
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

28-2 about right, I think, and advancing to the F8

Comment

Unless I counted wrong we should hopefully have 32 games headed to the big dance. 29 regular season and 3 in the mvc tourney.

I predict we will be 29-3 going to the tourney. We will lose 2 hard fought games against good teams and 1 game where we can't buy a basket and the other team makes some lucky shots. I believe I was spot on with my prediction last year.

Comment

xavier is going to be very, very good this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
            Unless I counted wrong we should hopefully have 32 games headed to the big dance. 29 regular season and 3 in the mvc tourney.

I predict we will be 29-3 going to the tourney. We will lose 2 hard fought games against good teams and 1 game where we can't buy a basket and the other team makes some lucky shots. I believe I was spot on with my prediction last year.
            We will have 29 D-I games and 1 D-II game. All 30 will count towards the win/loss column, but the D-II game does not count for RPI.

I don't think we lose to the team where we "can't buy a basket" unless said team is a very good team (top 50 on the road or better).
            Livin the dream

Comment

I'd put the over under at 2 or 2.5 losses going into St Louis.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Which of the 30 games listed on the Shocker schedule are you deleting? Charleston State? Emporia State?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                  Add Tulsa to your list of problematic games. Tulsa is a solid team that will be at or near the top of the AAC. Coming out of their house with a win will be tough.
                  I agree with you that Tulsa will be a good team but we play them very early in the season (second game) so I think the experience of the Shockers and the close geographical proximity to Wichita will overcome Tulsa's home court advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                    <br>I agree with you that Tulsa will be a good team but we play them very early in the season (second game) so I think the experience of the Shockers and the close geographical proximity to Wichita will overcome Tulsa's home court advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                      Which of the 30 games listed on the Shocker schedule are you deleting? Charleston State? Emporia State?
                      I was for some reason thinking Charleston was an exhibition. I change my prediction to 30-3 lol

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        We will have 29 D-I games and 1 D-II game. All 30 will count towards the win/loss column, but the D-II game does not count for RPI.

I don't think we lose to the team where we "can't buy a basket" unless said team is a very good team (top 50 on the road or better).
                        Ill st finished the year ranked 62 in RPI and geo wash finished the year 82 last year. That's 2 games we lost last year against inferior teams. I think predicting one of those this year is fair.

Comment

Ill st finished the year ranked 62 in RPI and geo wash finished the year 82 last year. That's 2 games we lost last year against inferior teams. I think predicting one of those this year is fair.
                          Don't go confusing my prediction with some factual based metric. ;)
                          Livin the dream

Comment

First loss some time in the NCAA tourney. These guys know how to win games and they have the talent to do it. That "knowing how to win games" is more important than you might think.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              First loss some time in the NCAA tourney. These guys know how to win games and they have the talent to do it. That "knowing how to win games" is more important than you might think.
                              I highly dislike this post. I don't care how many we lose this year, so long as we win our last.

Comment

Working...
                              X