Congrats to George Mason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to George Mason

Nice work! They won the CAA Conference Title last night and are going back to the NCAA Torunament.

Well done Pats!
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

This is a good article on GMU, and has photos of 9 'Cinderella' teams for the Big Dance:

Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.

Comment

Awesome. I really hope they can at the very least make a sweet 16 run. There is a lot of pressure there since if they go out in the first or second game, the stupid media will somehow try to tarnish their F4 run.

Comment

I really wish we could find a way to schedule a home and home with them. It would be great to play them on a semi-regular basis. I know our 'history' with them is pretty recent, I thoroughly enjoyed the games we played against them and would like to see more.

Congrats to them on a good effort!

I'll be pulling for them, Winthrop and Drake in the tourney for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
            This is a good article on GMU, and has photos of 9 'Cinderella' teams for the Big Dance:

http://sports.aol.com/ncaabb/story/_...00010000000001
            Also, check out the 180 cheerleader photo's on the same page. :good: :D
            SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by SFL
              Originally posted by Snapshot9

http://sports.aol.com/ncaabb/story/_...00010000000001
              Also, check out the 180 cheerleader photo's on the same page. :good: :D
              Best part of the entire webpage.
              "You can observe a lot just by watching."
              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I love those socks that the UCLA dancers are wearing

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                  They're wearing socks? Might have to check them out again ...
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Originally posted by Indy23
                    Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                    They're wearing socks? Might have to check them out again ...
                    coincidently if we *the ladies and I *

welll never mind

Comment

I'm glad to hear Mason put it together and made the Dance. They're definitely one of four teams I'll be pulling for.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Hey thanks, Shocks!

It won't be the same without you, though. We've had an inconsistent season (a few bad losses), but our guys stepped up when they had to.

I'm also still hoping our respective ADs can get that home-and-home done!

:goshocks:

Comment

GoGMU I would certainly love to make the trip to DC and out to Fairfax. You and most every GMU fan I had contact with were wonderful, gracious hosts during our time in DC. Thank you. The wife and I will be cheering for you :good:

Hope to see you again, very soon!

Go Mason!!

Go Shocks!!!!
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

GoGMU - Any concerns about Providence going after your coach? I know he played there on some pretty good teams and they'll most likely be cutting ties with Tim Welch.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock
                              GoGMU I would certainly love to make the trip to DC and out to Fairfax. You and most every GMU fan I had contact with were wonderful, gracious hosts during our time in DC. Thank you. The wife and I will be cheering for you.
                              DUShock: My girlfriend and I really enjoyed meeting you and your wife and having a few beers with you. I hope we can do it again sometime. Maybe in Wichita when we finally get the GMU/WSU series going!

And thanks for the cheers for our attempt at Cinderella: The Sequel. :good:

Originally posted by BostonWu
                              GoGMU - Any concerns about Providence going after your coach? I know he played there on some pretty good teams and they'll most likely be cutting ties with Tim Welch.
                              BostonWu: We've heard those rumblings about Providence going after Coach L. I just don't see him leaving. And Seton Hall came calling (presumably with big money) after the Final Four, among others. My guess is that if he wanted a BCS job he would be gone already. I know Providence is his alma mater, but I'll bet that at 58 he knows job security for a new coach at a BCS school is tenuous at best. Mason gave him a big raise and he will NEVER BE FIRED. EVER (not contractually, but realistically, no way). His family loves the DC area and is very established here. He'll never be revered like he is at GMU anywhere else.

He might know that the grass is not always greener, and he's got a pretty sweet setup. But I'll bet part of him wonders what he could do with those recruits he never gets because they will only go to a BCS school. He's a competitor, after all.

I'd be more concerned if he were younger like Turgeon or Grant at VCU (who everyone says is gone).

Comment

Working...
                              X