Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoGMU
    Originally posted by DUShock
    GoGMU I would certainly love to make the trip to DC and out to Fairfax. You and most every GMU fan I had contact with were wonderful, gracious hosts during our time in DC. Thank you. The wife and I will be cheering for you.
    DUShock: My girlfriend and I really enjoyed meeting you and your wife and having a few beers with you. I hope we can do it again sometime. Maybe in Wichita when we finally get the GMU/WSU series going!

And thanks for the cheers for our attempt at Cinderella: The Sequel. :good:

Originally posted by BostonWu
    GoGMU - Any concerns about Providence going after your coach? I know he played there on some pretty good teams and they'll most likely be cutting ties with Tim Welch.
    BostonWu: We've heard those rumblings about Providence going after Coach L. I just don't see him leaving. And Seton Hall came calling (presumably with big money) after the Final Four, among others. My guess is that if he wanted a BCS job he would be gone already. I know Providence is his alma mater, but I'll bet that at 58 he knows job security for a new coach at a BCS school is tenuous at best. Mason gave him a big raise and he will NEVER BE FIRED. EVER (not contractually, but realistically, no way). His family loves the DC area and is very established here. He'll never be revered like he is at GMU anywhere else.

He might know that the grass is not always greener, and he's got a pretty sweet setup. But I'll bet part of him wonders what he could do with those recruits he never gets because they will only go to a BCS school. He's a competitor, after all.

I'd be more concerned if he were younger like Turgeon or Grant at VCU (who everyone says is gone).
    That makes perfect sense to me GoGMU. He just kind of seems like he is having such a fun, rewarding experience by having such a positive effect on kids out of the DC area. I think he would be concerned about who else could do his job...He just comes across caring that much about his kids. I for one hope he stays put. I know that sounds all warm and fuzzy ....but in his case I think its really the fact.

Congrats as well Mason...hope you all tear it up again!!!
    1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

With Coach L presumably staying until he retires, I hope he is mentoring one of his assistant to take over the program to continue that success.

Comment

GoGMU - Any concerns about Providence going after your coach? I know he played there on some pretty good teams and they'll most likely be cutting ties with Tim Welch.
        BostonWu: We've heard those rumblings about Providence going after Coach L. I just don't see him leaving. And Seton Hall came calling (presumably with big money) after the Final Four, among others. My guess is that if he wanted a BCS job he would be gone already. I know Providence is his alma mater, but I'll bet that at 58 he knows job security for a new coach at a BCS school is tenuous at best. Mason gave him a big raise and he will NEVER BE FIRED. EVER (not contractually, but realistically, no way). His family loves the DC area and is very established here. He'll never be revered like he is at GMU anywhere else.

He might know that the grass is not always greener, and he's got a pretty sweet setup. But I'll bet part of him wonders what he could do with those recruits he never gets because they will only go to a BCS school. He's a competitor, after all.

I'd be more concerned if he were younger like Turgeon or Grant at VCU (who everyone says is gone).
        You might be correct but he seems to be the #1 name on the Friars board http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=425#s...1323&t=2185968
        I'd never discount someone's alma mater.

Comment

You might be correct but he seems to be the #1 name on the Friars board http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=425#s...1323&t=2185968
          I'd never discount someone's alma mater.
          Wow. Many of them seem quite focused on Coach L. Now you've got me nervous!

Comment

Thanks guys :)

So happy to be dancin' again :yahoo:

Comment

Keno Davis name being mentioned for open PC job.

Comment

Keno Davis name being mentioned for open PC job.
                I don't even know if Keno would want to bolt for that job. It would all depend on if he thinks he can keep Drake up to the level of where they are now. If he sees them as remaing a Top 25 team/MVC Title Contender every year, then he should definitely stay and get a much better job offer. But if he thinks this year is a fluke, then he might as well leave now, because he's not going to get any BCS offers if Drake returns to where they used to be....But what coach is going to want to consider a good season like this "just a fluke?"

Comment

Drake will be in the bottom half next year. They lose quite a bit.

I question how ready he is to move on. Does he think he can recruit in the east? There's a lot of competition for players out there. Although, there are a lot to choose from as well. I'd like to see him prove himself before moving on.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If I were Keno I’d jump at this or any BCS job that was offered. Really, what are the chances of Drake remaining atop the Valley going forward? They lose a lot beginning next year. But I don’t think he’ll be offered the job.

Comment

Great job George Mason!!! You have a great Coach, a solid team, and I will be pulling for you. It would be awesome to get a series started with our fine Universities!!!!!!!
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Plus...with PC playing in the Big East...all you have to do is get lucky on your schedule, win 8 games and make the tourney!!

GO GM!!

Comment

If I were Keno I’d jump at this or any BCS job that was offered. Really, what are the chances of Drake remaining atop the Valley going forward? They lose a lot beginning next year. But I don’t think he’ll be offered the job.
                          I'm not so sure...If I were him, I'd try to get bigger money out of Drake with a long term contract. If he goes to a BCS school and doesn't produce in 2 years, he'll be gone and maybe lucky to find a good paying coaching job. He's a god at Drake now. So what if he drops back to the bottom half of the Valley, it'll be no worse than they were before.

Comment

I just want to add that I once was on the Ohio University boards, because we had our bracketbuster against them, and one of your fans posted some nice things about us on there. That, combined with your genuine good will towards us on several occasions despite some intense games between our programs proves to me that you Shockers are the classiest group of fans in college basketball! Thank you!

:goshocks:

Comment

Questions:

When does GMU play their first game, and will we be able to watch it (maybe ESPN station) or on a webcast?

Also interested in watching the Winthrop game?

Comment

the tourney is strictly on CBS

Comment

Working...
                                X