Conner Frankamp throwing it DOWN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nm
    Last edited by WuDrWu; September 30, 2015, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Just my personal opinion, but I wish he was going to be eligible for the Advocare. I think we've got more than enough talent and depth without him to win the tourney. I just think with him added, we would make several very good teams look foolish.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
        Just my personal opinion, but I wish he was going to be eligible for the Advocare. I think we've got more than enough talent and depth without him to win the tourney. I just think with him added, we would make several very good teams look foolish.
        I'm actually thinking the opposite. I think it will be a good test to see if another guard can step up against quality opponents. Give us one more tried option going into conference and the NCAAs. I still think we win, but I don't think whether we win by 5 or 25 will matter as much as quality depth come NCAA tourney time.

Comment

I believe Connor may well potentially be the "go-to" guy to get his shot at the end of the half , end of the game or at the end of shot clock when he is in the game.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
            Thank you Mrs. Frankamp!
            Don't start no stuff, won't be no stuff.

rdr
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I'll stick my neck out here with Aargh and admit I was no huge fan of the CF acquisition, as it were, then or now. I'm not going to belabor the cons from my viewpoint, but I will summarize: parents are WSU alums but love KU > raise son to love KU > son goes to KU at the same time home town WSU is kicking ass > son sits bench at KU and whines > helicopter dad whines > WSU becomes backup plan for KU lover > front page news DUI > egg on WSU face with KU lover here as a backup plan. Yeah, I guess that about does it. Excuse the lack of grammar/structure. Further, I'll completely admit that these cons are still cons to me.

Honestly, the whole vibe SN puts off on the CF thing feels a lot like our greater culture currently with the PC police and the Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner issue. How else do you explain the fact that the roughly 40% of this forum who were not on the CF train back a few months ago have suddenly either disappeared or changed their tune entirely as to not incur the wrath of the Shockernet "CF" police.

All that said, I am 100% behind him in the sense of the greater good. If he becomes an effective cog in Marshall's wheelhouse then I am just as happy as the rest of you. If he becomes a major cog I still feel the same. My variance with you is that I will never see the kid subbed into a game, or possibly named in the starting lineup, and feel my chest well up with pride the same way that I have and will continue to have with our other foundational players. I'm more of the "meh... ends justifies the means" sort of vibe.

Cliff Notes: I'm kind of like Brett Farve in the video below when it comes to CF, and no I'm not making a comparison between Jenner and Frankamp so take it easy SJW's.

Comment

I'm neutral on Connor as a person but hope he has a great career here for the sake of the program. That said, I have a lot of respect for Connor for realizing his mistake (going to KU) and coming to WSU before it was too late. The easy path would have been to transfer to Creighton where he would be out of the state/fanbase spotlight. He would be a star player and not be expected to play defense. The decision to come to WSU was probably a difficult decision from an ego perspective. HCGM has a long history of developing guards, especially point guards. Surely Connor saw this as his best opportunity to truly flourish and develop into a complete player. I hope he is working his butt off and learning how to play the Shocker way.

Comment

Can someone point me to these posts viciously attacking CF's alleged detractors over the last six months or so? There must be a lot of them since the witch hunt is referenced often.

Comment

I'm of the attitude that CF may not have had the best work ethic at KU - otherwise it seems he'd probably still be there - and wouold have had significatn minutes as a Frosh.

I'm also of the attitude that sometimes it requires a kick in the shorts to figure things out. That generally woks out very well for the second shot. I think CF is just flat pi$$ed at KU (his first love). I'm seeing evidence that he's willing to put in the work to make his first love deeply regret the day he left them for another.

I felt that as CF went through HS, he was a bit of an "I'm all that" guy. His time at KU indicated he wasn't all that. He needs to come back with an attitude of...actually "Play Angry" describes it best. He's got a lot of motivation to do that.

Here's the real kicker. CF is willing to pay his own way for a year and a half in order to play for WSU. That's not something a player who feels entitled, or a player who has questionable work ethic would ever do. CF knows the work he has to put in to be a Shocker. It's probably more than he ever imagined he would have to do. There's a rather high likelihood that CF is in the top 1% of Wichita residents who want to stick it to KU.

Ricky Ross was a highly regarded guard out of Wichita. Highly regarded players switching schools early don't have a good track record. CF has shown a lot of stuff that indicates he isn't going to let that destructive route claim him.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      There's a rather high likelihood that CF is in the top 1% of Wichita residents who want to stick it to KU.
                      If indeed you're going to eventually "stick it" to ku, I can't imagine a better place to do it than WSU.

Comment

Conner,

Please ignore the dumbass stuff on this thread. When you are kickin asses and taking names in a few short weeks like I know you will, the negative nancies on this thread will be nowhere to Be found. Thank you for coming to play for the shockers.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          I'm of the attitude that CF may not have had the best work ethic at KU - otherwise it seems he'd probably still be there - and wouold have had significatn minutes as a Frosh.

I'm also of the attitude that sometimes it requires a kick in the shorts to figure things out. That generally woks out very well for the second shot. I think CF is just flat pi$$ed at KU (his first love). I'm seeing evidence that he's willing to put in the work to make his first love deeply regret the day he left them for another.

I felt that as CF went through HS, he was a bit of an "I'm all that" guy. His time at KU indicated he wasn't all that. He needs to come back with an attitude of...actually "Play Angry" describes it best. He's got a lot of motivation to do that.

Here's the real kicker. CF is willing to pay his own way for a year and a half in order to play for WSU. That's not something a player who feels entitled, or a player who has questionable work ethic would ever do. CF knows the work he has to put in to be a Shocker. It's probably more than he ever imagined he would have to do. There's a rather high likelihood that CF is in the top 1% of Wichita residents who want to stick it to KU.

Ricky Ross was a highly regarded guard out of Wichita. Highly regarded players switching schools early don't have a good track record. CF has shown a lot of stuff that indicates he isn't going to let that destructive route claim him.
                          A very good post, @Aargh.

I am not sure whether I agree with the first paragraph, as I have heard a few different sides of the story on his time there and those sides are very different indeed, but the bolded is spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            I'm actually thinking the opposite. I think it will be a good test to see if another guard can step up against quality opponents. Give us one more tried option going into conference and the NCAAs. I still think we win, but I don't think whether we win by 5 or 25 will matter as much as quality depth come NCAA tourney time.
                            You're probably right, but I would love to see our guys put a severe beatdown on Notre Dame
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              How loud will you boo when Conner drains his first three against Utah?

Embarrassing.
                              No booing here, I am now president of the CF fan club. You and others have shown me how wrong I was about CF.

My only question is with the overwhelming talent the kid has is do you think he will declare for the NBA draft after this season?
                              An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

JJ you are a groucy old man and badly need to spend a romantic weekend with @pogo:

Comment

Working...
                                X