Conner Frankamp throwing it DOWN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MTXE31 View Post
    More like Mr. 17 year old kid who acts like more of an adult then most of yall do, and know a heck of a lot more about the game then you do, but sure yeah why dont you insult me for sticking up for a guy I look up to
    I do agree with what you said in your initial post. You lost me however at "acts more of an adult then most of y'all do," and then throw out the "and know a heck of a lot more about the game then you do" card. I'm going to send you to timeout for that one skippy.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
      Markis McDuffie loves the corner shot and Baker along with Frankamp can make them 3's from 21st. and Hillside if it becomes legal. ShockRef mentions Bush improving and I am up for that. Our Juco players seem to improve for their Senior Season more often than not. If our bigs' as a unit really have a solid Season for us, which is very possible, watch out because our group of guards as a unit this Season are the very best in the Country IMO. FVV will break his own assists records this very Season that will stand for a very long time as Shocker records. He will have more scoring options to pass to than ever before. That will make FVV very happy as a pure point guard.
      Will Fred be able to beat the WSU single game assist record?

16 - Joe Griffin, against Oral Roberts on 1/6/1988

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
        Will Fred be able to beat the WSU single game assist record?

16 - Joe Griffin, against Oral Roberts on 1/6/1988
        Great question and my answer is yes. The table will be set to do so this Season. That will be a tough one to beat though. What is FVV best assist for one game now?
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Whoa, easy there, pilgrim. Don't make the mistake of taking the low road.
          My apologies, it was meant for that JJclamdip who decided to call me Mrs. Frankamp for sticking up for him, and my original post was for the guy who said that he didn't think Conner was athletic enough to dunk like he did. I shouldn't have said that you I'm smarter than everyone i was just trying to make a point that i know a bit about basketball and shouldn't be made fun of by JJclamdip for sticking up for him

Comment

My apologies, it was meant for that JJclamdip who decided to call me Mrs. Frankamp for sticking up for him, and my original post was for the guy who said that he didn't think Conner was athletic enough to dunk like he did. I shouldn't have said that you I'm smarter than everyone i was just trying to make a point that i know a bit about basketball and shouldn't be made fun of by JJclamdip for sticking up for him
            If you are talking about this post you might want to check your meter, it was pretty clearly a joke making fun of those who doubt Connor's athleticism:

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
            Impostor, obviously. Everyone knows Frankamp isn't athletic enough to do that.

Great makeup job, though -- the guy looks exactly like him.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
              If you are talking about this post you might want to check your meter, it was pretty clearly a joke making fun of those who doubt Connor's athleticism:
              Ahh, sorry I'm bad at reading sarcasm on the Internet

Comment

r'ian holland could dunk like that.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                  r'ian holland could dunk like that.
                  Yes but a cross wind would blow him off 5ft.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                  Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                    Thank you Mrs. Frankamp!
                    How loud will you boo when Conner drains his first three against Utah?

Embarrassing.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Ahh, sorry I'm bad at reading sarcasm on the Internet
                      Hopefully you'll get better as you get older, MTXE.

Just to confirm, I was indeed making fun of some of the skepticism about Frankamp rather than CF himself. I'm very much looking forward to December 12, because I think the Shocks will be significantly better and deeper (which is really saying something, when you apply it to this team) once Frankamp is eligible to take the floor.

Comment

I seldom get over-excited about incoming players until they have shown what they can do in D1 ball. I'm also not a big fan of HS scouting service stars and rankings. Coming out of their Jr HS seasons, FVV was barely (if at all) in the top100 and Baker wouldn't have been included in anybody's top-2,000 list. There are an awfully lot of top=50 guys that Baker and FVV have left far behind once they all got into D1 ball.

FVV had video of his clowning every top-rated HS PG in the nation while playing AAU ball against them. Frankamp has video of his making incredible shots against the best players in the world in his age bracket. FVV had awesome PG skills as a Jr in HS. Frankamp is learning PG skills in college.

In FVV's Fr season, Marshall brought him along slowly and by the time the NCAA's rolled around, FVV showed he belonged on a F4 team. In Frankamp's Fr season, Self didn't bring him along at all. Played a worthless guy (who trfr'd to a lesser program) in front of Frankamp. Frankamp had about one good game as a Fr - the NCAA game.

Frankamp went from a 50% shooter in HS to a 30% shooter in D1. Is that because he was poorly utilized, never got a chance to get into the flow of the game, struggled with the transition to PG, got a huge shafting at KU...or was it because he was being defended by bigger, stronger, quicker defenses in D1?

I'm encouraged by the practice reports and the athleticism I hadn't expected, but he's got a D1 track record and it's not good.

For me, I'm more likely to get into the hype of an incoming Fr with promise than a player with an unimpressive D1 record. Frankamp had an unimpressive record at KU playing mainly mop-up minutes against mainly the second units of KU's opponents.

Frankamp is also the only player (considered part of the active group) with a criminal accusation that I can remember.

Due to the lackluster D1 record and the immediate tangle with the law after he got to WSU, I am not on the Frankamp bandwagon. Unfortunately, not being on the bandwagon got me labeled as a hater. My "wait and see" attitude is not hateful. It's just that people (and players) have to earn my respect before they get it. Conner hasn't done that yet.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I'm on the Conner bandwagon, because I know he can play, I know he's working his tail off and I know his family and they are good people. I'll be supportive of him if he never hits a 3 and I unabashedly completely despise his mistake and the negative light his actions shown on the program.

But I also believe he is making it right, best as he can and it won't happen again. I certainly hope it won't.

But I also have absolutely NO problem with @Aargh: or anyone else that takes the wait and see approach. It's a completely valid one.

I just only believe it's going to be proven a wildly wrong one...sooner than later. I also know if it is, @Aargh: will be just as happy as the rest of us, if not more so.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            I'm on the Conner bandwagon, because I know he can play, I know he's working his tail off and I know his family and they are good people. I'll be supportive of him if he never hits a 3 and I unabashedly completely despise his mistake and the negative light his actions shown on the program.

But I also believe he is making it right, best as he can and it won't happen again. I certainly hope it won't.

But I also have absolutely NO problem with @Aargh: or anyone else that takes the wait and see approach. It's a completely valid one.

I just only believe it's going to be proven a wildly wrong one...sooner than later. I also know if it is, @Aargh: will be just as happy as the rest of us, if not more so.
                            Doc. Everyone is welcome to their predictions and opinions and so is Aargh. He has been fairly balanced and certainly not hateful/mean with no name calling, etc. However, I think that this one has been easy to predict. CF is one talented dude. He is going to be great and a big part of the bridge to prosperity after FVV and Ron.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                              Great question and my answer is yes. The table will be set to do so this Season. That will be a tough one to beat though. What is FVV best assist for one game now?
                              Here you go.

11 - Fred VanVleet against Missouri State on 2/7/2015

Comment

Aargh is certainly entitled to his hesitancy about Frankamp, and I understand the reasons for it even though I think his concerns are overblown. We simply disagree, and I've never called him a hater (a term I never apply to anyone, because it's almost always a lazy and intellectually sloppy way of trying to discredit someone without trying to engage their position on the merits).

Having said that, I'm equally as entitled to poke fun at him for what I believe is his excessive and misguided skepticism. That's one of the things we sunshine pumpers do at times -- and in my case will continue to do -- but it doesn't make me an Aargh hater any more than he's a Frankamp hater.

As for Conner, I believe he showed in play against international competition probably just as strong as what he'll encounter from a number of Valley opponents, or some of (for example) the SWAC teams that show up on lots of schedules as buy games, that with proper coaching, effort, and utilization, he has what it takes to succeed at a high level in Division 1. I also believe his results with The Flagship say more about The Rug than they do about Frankamp, and I'm eager for Conner to get started proving me and his other Shockernet backers right. December 12 can't come soon enough, and I'm confident his arrival will provide welcome relief for FVV and Baker, too, in terms of both minutes and attention from opposing defenses.

Comment

Working...
                                X