Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
    I should hope not.
    The current U.S. president tears things down.
    Quite to the contrary...
    Our coach Gregg Marshall builds things up!!!
    I was going to make the same comment, but then I though maybe he meant that 3G does not consider himself deity as does BHO.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      "Octoberfest chicks"? I change my mind; I'm there!

Do it at Intrust on a Friday night with $1 draws and it would be a packed house.

Pic related. Distantly, I hope.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
        I was going to make the same comment, but then I though maybe he meant that 3G does not consider himself deity as does BHO.
        I wondered that too im4wsu...but I couldn't resist the opportunity to get a jab in about the current US president. ;)
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
          I wondered that too im4wsu...but I couldn't resist the opportunity to get a jab in about the current US president. ;)
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            "Octoberfest chicks"? I change my mind; I'm there!

Wu says: "I'M ALL IN!!"
            Attached Files

Comment

Paul Suellentrop tweeted that Wichita State's Shocker Madness will be on Thursday, October 22.
              78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                Paul Suellentrop tweeted that Wichita State's Shocker Madness will be on Thursday, October 22.
                A key note at the bottom of Paul's article is that season tickets will be available for pick up at Shocker Madness.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

A month's notice. That's better. Tickets plenty early. That's nice, too. I don't mind saving the department a couple bucks postage either. Every drop helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    A month's notice. That's better. Tickets plenty early. That's nice, too. I don't mind saving the department a couple bucks postage either. Every drop helps.
                    No postage = more jet fuel.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                      Shucky Darn. As of now I will be out of town on October 22nd. Been awhile since I missed a Shocker Madness. Oh well, I'm sure the commentary on ShockerNet will give me all the highlights in great detail.

Comment

I believe you can also watch it on goshockers for a few bucks. That's what I've done the last few years.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Shucky Darn.
                          I have only ever heard that phrase from one other person - my mother.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            I have only ever heard that phrase from one other person - my mother.
                            Family reunion
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Sully tweets:

ICYMI: Wichita State sets Shocker Madness for Oct. 22. I'm installing Eric Hamilton as the dunk contest favorite
                              In the fast lane

Comment

I second 72's shucky darn, because I'll also be out of town the week of 10/22, whereas anytime the previous week -- when I was expecting it to happen, as in most years -- would have been fine.

Also, I can testify that there's at least one other person who knows the expression, because I heard it years ago from a bowling buddy who could (and often did) swear a blue streak when things didn't go his way. But every once in a great while, he'd take a break and toss in a "shucky darn." It was one of the weirdest, unlikeliest, shucky darnedest things I've ever heard -- and he was definitely not Royal's mom.

Comment

Working...
                                X