X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• _kai_
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    When we went last year, it seemed considerably smaller than it had been a couple of years earlier. But, like I said, it could very well be a logistical nightmare. My thought was that there isn't a whole lot done in the arena (or at least wasn't last year), so maybe have the basketball there, kick everybody out for the couple hours of RnR that happens before the live auction. I am by no means familiar enough with CKA to know if any of that would work or not. Was just a random thought.
    Typically it'll take around 2-3 days to set up for RnR. It would be a logistical nightmare to prep the arena for Shocker Madness and simultaneously prepare for RnR in any capacity it's currently or previously been at. It's a good idea, but I don't think it would work. Especially if they use the concourse for food, those tables are typically set up around noon the day of, and the restaurants will show up hours before to prep their stations etc.

Leave a comment:

• ShockdaWorld
    replied
    Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    I haven't been to RnR in a few years, but in the past, that event was HUGE, using up the whole arena...including the practice gym and main arena floors. It is not possible to do both in the same day.
    When we went last year, it seemed considerably smaller than it had been a couple of years earlier. But, like I said, it could very well be a logistical nightmare. My thought was that there isn't a whole lot done in the arena (or at least wasn't last year), so maybe have the basketball there, kick everybody out for the couple hours of RnR that happens before the live auction. I am by no means familiar enough with CKA to know if any of that would work or not. Was just a random thought.

Leave a comment:

• TheDover1018
    replied
    This is my favorite of the annual ShockerNet discussions.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock16
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    I could be mistaken, but I believe Rockin the Roundhouse is the following Saturday. Maybe they're concerned about the logistics of doing both, but it seems to me that if they had this on Saturday afternoon before the evening festivities, it may create a bit more excitement and some higher bids for the auction items.
    I haven't been to RnR in a few years, but in the past, that event was HUGE, using up the whole arena...including the practice gym and main arena floors. It is not possible to do both in the same day.

Leave a comment:

• ShockdaWorld
    replied
    I could be mistaken, but I believe Rockin the Roundhouse is the following Saturday. Maybe they're concerned about the logistics of doing both, but it seems to me that if they had this on Saturday afternoon before the evening festivities, it may create a bit more excitement and some higher bids for the auction items.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Seems like the university could incorporate this event with the Shocktoberfest and create a much more lively student event.

Leave a comment:

• ShockBand
    replied
    You would think this would be a GREAT opportunity to turn the grad students in sports management loose to get some real life experience in event production. Or maybe they already are and this is what we get.... if so, YIKES.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
    Being low key is one thing, poor production and planning is something different.

I mean how do you forget to keep track of 3-pts made for the 3-pt competition?
    Bingo.

Every year there is a hope that the low major production will at least graduate to mid major status. And every year I get grossly disappointed.

Now I just expect it to be a high school production. Sad, considering the elite status of the basketball program. You'd figure one of these days the production crew/athletic dept would catch up.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerEngr
    replied
    Being low key is one thing, poor production and planning is something different.

I mean how do you forget to keep track of 3-pts made for the 3-pt competition?

Leave a comment:

• WSUwatcher
    replied
    I second 72's shucky darn, because I'll also be out of town the week of 10/22, whereas anytime the previous week -- when I was expecting it to happen, as in most years -- would have been fine.

Also, I can testify that there's at least one other person who knows the expression, because I heard it years ago from a bowling buddy who could (and often did) swear a blue streak when things didn't go his way. But every once in a great while, he'd take a break and toss in a "shucky darn." It was one of the weirdest, unlikeliest, shucky darnedest things I've ever heard -- and he was definitely not Royal's mom.

Leave a comment:

• tropicalshox
    replied
    Sully tweets:

ICYMI: Wichita State sets Shocker Madness for Oct. 22. I'm installing Eric Hamilton as the dunk contest favorite

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    I have only ever heard that phrase from one other person - my mother.
    Family reunion

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Shucky Darn.
    I have only ever heard that phrase from one other person - my mother.

Leave a comment:

• wufan
    replied
    I believe you can also watch it on goshockers for a few bucks. That's what I've done the last few years.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    Paul Suellentrop tweeted that Wichita State's Shocker Madness will be on Thursday, October 22.
    Shucky Darn. As of now I will be out of town on October 22nd. Been awhile since I missed a Shocker Madness. Oh well, I'm sure the commentary on ShockerNet will give me all the highlights in great detail.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X