Top 25 Players for 2015-2016 NCAA Basketball Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha now that was kinda funny.

I will add that I think it's awfully neat that the 2.2 star class is the only class we are absolutely certain of.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Wow. Definitely not a mind reader for sure.
      And I won't tell you what I think you are.

Comment

And thanks to Steele and FlyingWheat for simply answering the question (no matter how dumb they may have thought it to be) and without editorializing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
          And I won't tell you what I think you are.
          You won't need to tell him, Fever reads minds! Lighten up dude! He is just ribbing you.

Comment

There's something about this year's Sr class that needs mentioned. Maybe 1 D1 coach out of 20 will - in their entire careers - run into an unheralded player like Ron Baker. From his Fr year, Baker has demonstrated that he was a 4-star guy. Pretty much nobody outside of the state of Kansas had heard of him, and not that many people in Kansas knew anything about him.

VanVleet was also underrated. I watched all his AAU games between his Jr and Sr years in HS. I watched him against the #1, #3, and #5 PG's in HS (in all classes). He outplayed all of them. I thought FVV was the #1 PG coming out of HS that year. I still think that, and I believe I was right.

It's going to be tough to replace the #1 backcourt in the nation. I'm confident Frankamp, Shamet, and Taylor are very aware of that fact.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Gregg Marshall could win 5 national championships in the next 20 years at WSU and not have another senior duo as good as Fred and Ron!
              Livin the dream

Comment

Can't base everything on the stars, or the galaxies for that matter.

It appears to have improved somewhat today due to GM's great success, but was it not just a few years back (certainly during FVV's time) if a recruit signed with (ugh-mid-major) WSU, his star ranking stayed the same no matter how well he performed during his regular or post season play?

Just another clue to nail down that our program has finally 'arrived' is when future players' star rankings increase after signing their LOI with us.

Comment

The interesting analogy of stars by your name when you arrive here at 21st. and Hillside makes our success the last 5 years really glitter as a team. We have defeated several Programs in games during that period of time that bring in higher rated players we do with regularity. FVV and Baker were sure not 5-star players coming in but are both now projected as All Americans for this coming Season. Now That illustrates player development here. Mr. Cotton was around a 3 star coming in but developed into a 5-star on defense and could hold our foes 5-star players to a mild roar. Cotton made big shots, impressive dunks, and big plays in huge games. Are 3-stars players supposed to do this? We found Cle at a small Juco. In the game versus Kentucky, he played great versus the 5-star players they had.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                    Can't base everything on the stars, or the galaxies for that matter.

It appears to have improved somewhat today due to GM's great success, but was it not just a few years back (certainly during FVV's time) if a recruit signed with (ugh-mid-major) WSU, his star ranking stayed the same no matter how well he performed during his regular or post season play?

Just another clue to nail down that our program has finally 'arrived' is when future players' star rankings increase after signing their LOI with us.
                    Actually, quite often the number of stars would drop from 3 to 2 after a player signed at WSU. Recruiting "gurus" would stop watching said player and would begin watching the plan Bs of the middling BCS world. Those players would then jump ahead of our guys in the ranking.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      Gregg Marshall could win 5 national championships in the next 20 years at WSU and not have another senior duo as good as Fred and Ron!
                      That's why I hope his first comes this season. They all deserve it.

Comment

Another thing about our damn fine roster!

Let's talk about question marks. We have 13 scholarship players AND Frankamp. We return three starters, two All-Americans and Wessel, who will play one of the forward spots (please let it be the 3!). A proven big man transfer is here, and Brown, Morris, and Kelly all showed they were capable of playing as freshman with very high ceilings. Frankamp was a top 50 player. That gives us eight sure things!!! Shamet and McDuffie were top 100 talents. We are 10 deep with the deep bench consisting of Nurger, Wamukota, Hamilton, and Tyrone Taylor! Every one of those guys gets 20 mpg at any other MVC school. The talent runs 14 deep this year.

The only quasi-questions that exist is who is the back-up PG (candidates consist of Taylor, Frankamp, Shamet, and Baker) and who will be the second center (Bush, Rauno, Eric, Anton)?
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                        X