Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 25 Players for 2015-2016 NCAA Basketball Season

4. Fred VanVleet, Wichita State Shockers
    Just how good was VanVleet's sophomore season in 2013-14? His numbers were "down" last season as a junior, yet he still clocks in here at No. 4. VanVleet's performance as a junior actually improved as the season progressed and the competition grew tougher. That trajectory suggests big things to come as a senior, and meanwhile the 6-foot point guard's defense has remained consistently outstanding. VanVleet has a shot at being named a consensus first-team All-American for a second consecutive preseason.

Source: ESPN Insider

6. Ron Baker, Wichita State Shockers

In stark contrast to fellow college backcourt stars like Virginia's Malcolm Brogdon and Maryland's Melo Trimble, Baker got regular minutes (and indeed starts) for a veteran USA team during last month's Pan American games. And Baker more than justified USA coach Mark Few's confidence, hitting 35 percent of his 3s and providing a lift on defense with seven steals in just 236 fast-paced defensive possessions. With both Baker and VanVleet still on campus, Wichita State will be shooting for its third straight Missouri Valley title (and fourth in five seasons).

Source: NCAA Insider
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Is it just me or does any mention of a valley title make you go limp? Great juice pumping up our guys until the payoff is a valley championship. Whatever.

Comment

It's pretty safe to say WSU will be "shooting for" another MVC championship.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The bench wouldn't even be "shooting for" a MVC title
        Last edited by Shock Top; August 15, 2015, 11:32 AM. Reason: Added quotes, to better understand context
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          The bench wouldn't even be shooting for a MVC title
          Posting late at night is dangerous (maybe replying to a post early in the morning), but didn't you mean "The bench would even be shooting for a MVC title" ? :wink-new:

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            Posting late at night is dangerous (maybe replying to a post early in the morning), but didn't you mean "The bench would even be shooting for a MVC title" ? :wink-new:
            MVC title is too easy. Its like playing tetris with the straight line block.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

It hasn't been that many years ago that the possibility of even being in the hunt for a MVC title got the old ticker beating.

Today, it's just another stepping stone to the Sweet 16 and beyond. Ain't success great.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                I was implying that the bench is so solid, they could win the MVC title; not just "shoot" for it.

Originally posted by shock View Post
                MVC title is too easy. Its like playing tetris with the straight line block.
                See, I think he go it! :)
                The Assman

Comment

I think a reasonable starting line up for this year is the five seniors: Fred, Ron, Evan, Anton, Bush. If they are all gone, can this team win the MVC?

Starters:
                  Conner Frankamp
                  Landry Shamet
                  Zach Brown
                  Rashard Kelly
                  Shaq Morris

Bench:
                  Tyrone Taylor
                  Payton Allen
                  Markis McDuffie
                  Eric Hamilton
                  Rauno Nurger

Hmmmm? I have to say that I like our chances for the next two years.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Yes? Because they will next year.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Highest ranking per verbalcommits:

Seniors:
                      Fred VanVleet ****
                      Ron Baker *
                      Evan Wessel **
                      Anton Grady ***
                      Bush Wamukota *
                      Average = 2.2*

Sophomores:
                      Conner Frankamp ****
                      Zach Brown ***
                      Rashard Kelly ***
                      Shaq Morris***
                      Rauno Nurger ***
                      Average =3.2

Freshman:
                      Tyrone Taylor ***
                      Landry Shamet ****
                      Payton Allen ***
                      Markis McDuffie ****
                      Eric Hamilton ***
                      Average = 3.4

Nice trend of talent!
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Explain please. For those of us who aren't mind readers, would you please explain what the *** mean beside the name. I don't see the correlation between Fred having four *s and Ron only having one.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                          Explain please. For those of us who aren't mind readers, would you please explain what the *** mean beside the name. I don't see the correlation between Fred having four *s and Ron only having one.
                          *** = 3 star recruit
                          **** = 4 star recruit

Comment

Those were how many stars the recruiting services have them out of high school.

Edit: beaten to the punch
                            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Wow. Definitely not a mind reader for sure.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X