Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOTE WSU on SI: Best-Ever Cinderella

Ranking the NCAA tournament's best-ever Cinderellas: The Elite Eight

Let me state, I don't think we are a Cinderella, but that being said, we should not lose this voting bracket.
    Rd #1 has us pitted against Butler. We are the #1 seed they are the #9

VOTE HERE ---> CURRENT LINK TO CONTINUE VOTING FOR WSU IN THE FINALS AGAINST FGCU http://www.si.com/college-basketball...ita-state-fgcu
    Last edited by _kai_; August 17, 2015, 01:12 PM. Reason: updated original post with the new link to vote.

I voted for the Shox purely due to my homerism. Based on the results at the time of my vote, it's clear I'm a homer as Butler is currently receiving 72% of the vote. And honestly, it should be. I remember that run and, as much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree with the majority. It was great that we got to the Final Four and that we were beating the eventual NC, but we didn't beat them and didn't make it to the championship game. Butler did. My hat's off to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
      I voted for the Shox purely due to my homerism. Based on the results at the time of my vote, it's clear I'm a homer as Butler is currently receiving 72% of the vote. And honestly, it should be. I remember that run and, as much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree with the majority. It was great that we got to the Final Four and that we were beating the eventual NC, but we didn't beat them and didn't make it to the championship game. Butler did. My hat's off to them.
      I largely agree with this. I remember being almost as excited for them making the championship game - two straight years - as I was when the Shocks made the Final Four.

Ok, maybe not almost, but you get the idea. At the time there was talk whether a non-power conference team could ever make another Final Four, let alone a championship game. Stevens and Co. proved otherwise.

Comment

VOTE VOTE VOTE currently getting throttled by Butler by double. 33% of votes for SHockers.

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Votin' angry seems to get 'er done.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

We're up 55%-45% as of my vote moments ago.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

60%-40% in our favor as of my vote.

Comment

If one uses an incognito window, one can vote again and again if one cares to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Kochaddict View Post
                  If one uses an incognito window, one can vote again and again if one cares to do so.
                  You may have to close and reopen the window each time.

Comment

Originally posted by KraRam View Post
                    Ranking the NCAA tournament's best-ever Cinderellas: The Elite Eight

Let me state, I don't think we are a Cinderella, but that being said, we should not lose this voting bracket.
                    Rd #1 has us pitted against Butler. We are the #1 seed they are the #9
                    We are down to Butler...need to keep voting.

Comment

Originally posted by KraRam View Post
                      We are down to Butler...need to keep voting.
                      Interesting that over 20% of the total votes are coming from Florida.

Comment

Yeah, getting beat 99% to 1% in Wisky too with over 400 votes. Time for a last minute @martymoose: macro on 3 or 4 devices. Might be too late though.

Comment

I know it's 3am and I can't sleep, but I wish I had a couple people helping me, just for my own sanity.

Started about 300 down a little over an hour ago. Someone was helping me. Thank you!

Comment

Ok, thanks to whomever helped me. Gotta get some sleep now. Someone else has to bring it home.

Down 300 to up 60. Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              I know it's 3am and I can't sleep, but I wish I had a couple people helping me, just for my own sanity.

Started about 300 down a little over an hour ago. Someone was helping me. Thank you!
                              We were down about 170 and got to within 10 around midnight and then Wisky kicked in going from about 90 votes to 300 and their lead was back to 60+. I called it a night around 1:00AM. Good effort, Doc.

By the way, it appears we won by 371.
                              Last edited by ShockTalk; August 17, 2015, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X