No announcement yet.

Minor Recruiting violation for Peyton Allen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First, I hope this was not done with intent, as some have alluded. If so, I would be extremely disappointed.

Second, and not offence to Mr. Allen, but I don't see this as the recruit that was suddenly worth intentionally breaking rules for, compared to some of the other recruits we've had on the table the last year or two.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
      Has anyone considered that maybe this wasn't a "dumb mistake?" The kid had other visits he was planning to take. Perhaps meeting him AND his parents that evening was the only/best time to get together. We all know how smart this staff is. Perhaps this was the best way to make sure that none of those other visits were necessary. And perhaps it was determined that given the consequences, it was worth it to insure that this kid and his family were wooed by WSU. I have not heard nor seen anything to this effect, but it just seems kind of logical.
      Zero chance my friends...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        First, I hope this was not done with intent, as some have alluded. If so, I would be extremely disappointed.

Second, and not offence to Mr. Allen, but I don't see this as the recruit that was suddenly worth intentionally breaking rules for, compared to some of the other recruits we've had on the table the last year or two.
        I just don't see a staff with no rule breaking history intentionally breaking rules and then turning yourself in with penalties. A minor oversight for a rule technicality makes more sense.

Comment

I equate this to the same thing as a Speeding ticket,, yes it's against the rules ,, but opps sorry got a little ahead of ourselves. pay the ticket and move on.
          From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
            I equate this to the same thing as a Speeding ticket,, yes it's against the rules ,, but opps sorry got a little ahead of ourselves. pay the ticket and move on.
            To take your illustration a little farther, it would be like driving down 21st and the speed limit changing from 45 mph to 40 mph and accidentally overlooking the sign noting the change.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
              To take your illustration a little farther, it would be like driving down 21st and the speed limit changing from 45 mph to 40 mph and accidentally overlooking the sign noting the change.
              But as a resident that has driven that stretch of road 5,000 times and should know that it changes even without reading the sign this time.

Comment

It could be that the coach said to staff, "schedule this thing"
                Staff: It's done
                Coach: When do they arrive
                Staff: Before supper
                Coach: I'll meet them, then.

Coach picks them up and treats them to supper.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

well, if so, that's inexcusable

Comment

Obviously a very slow time of year for this to garner 23 replies (yes, I know -- now 24) and some creative speculation.

Comment

I just don't get it, minor or not, GM has been in the business long enough to know what is and what is not allowed. The Devil is always in the details.

Comment

It's Sexton fault.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          It's Sexton fault.
                          Took til the 2nd page. That's shocking.

Comment

By all means make a MOUNTAIN out of a mole hill if ya'll want. But to me this is pretty much a ....Mehhh moment
                            From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              But as a resident that has driven that stretch of road 5,000 times and should know that it changes even without reading the sign this time.
                              If the coaches know the in's and out's of every single NCAA regulation, then what does this guy do?

By the way, they have a complicance officer at every NCAA school to help guide the coaches, athletes, and fan base on what is allowed and what isn't. Small violations happen with somewhat regularity.

Korey Torgerson is in his 24th year at WSU, serving as the Associate Athletic Director for Student Services. Torgerson has served as Assistant AD for Compliance

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                                It's Sexton fault.
                                No, I heard it was JA's fault. Let's get rid of her now.
                                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                                X