No announcement yet.

Ran into Frankamp tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone needs a nickname, and I believe SB has just come up with one: Kaboom Frankamp.

Here's to many, many kabooms.

Comment

After his first "did he just do that?" dunk, I will call him Frankampoline.

Comment

I have bumped into Rauno Nurger and Ron Baker while out and about. Both are quality young men. We are fortunate to have such outstanding student athletes at Wichita State.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
          Everyone needs a nickname, and I believe SB has just come up with one: Kaboom Frankamp.

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          After his first "did he just do that?" dunk, I will call him Frankampoline.

Don't forget about "the dunk driver" if he can drive inside and dunk :)

I like kaboom and frankampoline. We can go with kerplunk if he is a bust

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            It's pretty frustrating reading the CF insults from a couple of posters over there. It sounds like t-shirt KU fans talking about WSU.
            Winning fixes just about everything. Pretty sure CF will be winning a lot in a WSU uniform.

Comment

Kaboom Frankamp.

Eh, too UNI...

Comment

Don't worry, Anthro -- I don't want Kennedy saying them. I just want them on the scoreboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                  Eh, too UNI...
                  I don't think anybody want's Kennedy to be saying it - just WSU opponents (especially UNI announcers - "Kaboom Frankencamp - you can't leave him open"....)

Comment

I know some people don't like him, but naming him after the Bradley mascot is a low blow.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      This line got me thinking.

Greg Drieling - Started at Wichita St. then transferred to bubble u.
                      Maurice Evans - Started at Wichita St. then transferred to Tejas.
                      Gaylon Nickerson started at Wichita St. then went All-American juco then went to K-State.
                      Conner Frankamp - Started at bubble u then transferred to Wichita St.

What's up with the Wichita kids going all transfer and stuff??? Lol

You forgot Ricky Ross on this list who also transferred.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                        You forgot Ricky Ross on this list who also transferred.
                        Ricky never suited up for the Shockers.

Comment

I believe that Gaylon Nickerson did go to K-state but ended up at Northwest Oklahoma State. Ricky Ross went from KU to Marin College and on to Tulsa. There was a brief stop at WSU in there somewhere but he could not qualify academically.

Comment

"Van Vleet to Conner. Conner steps back ... fires the cannon from Goudelock range(!) and ... it's ... it's ... down the hatch! Conner The Bomber has drained ANOTHER one from deep, deep, deep, folks! And the Shocks pull away from the Jayhawks by double digits for two straight NCAA's. This time though, it's for all ... the ... marbles. Self calls the timeout."

"And who better to put the exclamation on this one than the former Jayhawk himself? Bill Self is going to have to schedule the Shockers next year, if they want any shot at redemption -- because right now the Shockers straight up own the Jayhawks in the Battle for Kansas. And we're not talking by a slim margin here Jim, the Shockers have been the dominant force coming out of Kansas for several years running."

"I don't disagree Bill, but Kansas has won the Big-12 conference year in and year out so it's not like this Kansas squad is any slouch. Here they are in the Championship match."

"Exactly, Jim, and that's my point. The Shockers have outperformed the best the Big-12 conference has to offer for enough years, that there's just no denying it anymore. Self will have to schedule that game if he wants to win the hearts and minds of the state back."

"I agree Bill. But I'm not sure Marshall takes that offer. Why should he? He drives the bus now. With his first NCAA championship, I don't see where he has anything to gain by playing KU in the non-con season. Why not just show up in March and whip them over and over on college basketball's biggest stage? But just LOOK at that bomb by Conner -- I mean how do you defend that? Let's look at the replay."
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

There are about as many reasons for transfers as there are players who transfer.

Dreiling had a pregnant girlfriend who was an athlete at The Flagship.
                              Evans couldn't get along with a coach who was a challenge for a number of players, and who imposed demands on his play that Evans found too restrictive.
                              Nickerson was shaky academically and something of a vagabond as a result.
                              Frankamp noticed that he was treated as second fiddle to one year wonders and big-name recruits, which struck him as odd, inasmuch as he had been a big-name recruit himself.

Dreiling and Evans were successful at a high level after moving on, and I personally am betting Frankamp will be as well. That all were from Wichita is coincidental. Darnell Valentine, Antoine Carr, Aubrey Sherrod, Perry Ellis, and -- yes -- Evan "the Winner" Wessel were also from Wichita, picked Kansas schools, stayed there, and did just fine too.

Edit: One problem with your otherwise entertaining scenario, KW -- it requires the Chickenhawks to make a deep run. Do you really see that coming?

Comment

Working...
                              X