Ran into Frankamp tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran into Frankamp tonight

At the Hutch Buffalo Wild Wings of all places.. He seemed really nice and down to Earth. Can't wait for the season to start!

Glad to get the details, bleed. Given Conner's driving adventures, I was afraid you might literally have run into him. No need for that.

Comment

You should post this on the other Shocker fan site. For many of them it's impossible to say anything positive about Conner.
      In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
        Glad to get the details, bleed. Given Conner's driving adventures, I was afraid you might literally have run into him. No need for that.
        Misadventure.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
          You should post this on the other Shocker fan site. For many of them it's impossible to say anything positive about Conner.
          It's pretty frustrating reading the CF insults from a couple of posters over there. It sounds like t-shirt KU fans talking about WSU.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Don't worry, we'll shoot off our own guns.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              It's pretty frustrating reading the CF insults from a couple of posters over there. It sounds like t-shirt KU fans talking about WSU.
              I really don't understand all the negativity toward Frankamp either. People seem to forget that we are talking about a person and need to put all the history that goes into his situation to the side. In 3G we trust that everything works out.
              And I doubt there will be any complications.

Comment

I'm willing to forgive CF this one mistake if he does not make a habit of such behavior and I'm sure Marshall won't allow it or he will be gone. I'm looking forward to seeing how good he can be when he actually receives some coaching.

Comment

If CF is a maker and lays some "KABOOMS" down....nobody will care except the haters.

Comment

He is now a Shocker. Anybody not now rooting for this kid should check their priorities.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Over here, I'm consdiered one of the "haters". I've cited his D1 stats. I've observed that he couldn't beat out Tharpe, who was a bad PG. I've indicated that gives me some skepticism and I'm going to wait to see results before I jump on the bandwagon.

I've been labeled a hater and an "arsonist" for igniting flames of hate. Because I'm not already on the bandwagon, I'm a "hater".

I just want to see some D1 results before I start singing praises. I am aware that he's been out of comepetitive action for a year and a half before he ever sees the court again. I don't expect he's going to come off that playing his best (or even OK) game. I'll give him until the NCAA's to show something and won't go negative on him if he's not playing to expectations in his first couple of months in competitive ball.

I didn't jump on Zach Brown's bandwagon until I saw what he did in the NCAA's. Brown is 6'6" and played a year of PG before he came to WSU as a Fr.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        Over here, I'm consdiered one of the "haters". I've cited his D1 stats. I've observed that he couldn't beat out Tharpe, who was a bad PG. I've indicated that gives me some skepticism and I'm going to wait to see results before I jump on the bandwagon.

I've been labeled a hater and an "arsonist" for igniting flames of hate. Because I'm not already on the bandwagon, I'm a "hater".

I just want to see some D1 results before I start singing praises. I am aware that he's been out of comepetitive action for a year and a half before he ever sees the court again. I don't expect he's going to come off that playing his best (or even OK) game. I'll give him until the NCAA's to show something and won't go negative on him if he's not playing to expectations in his first couple of months in competitive ball.

I didn't jump on Zach Brown's bandwagon until I saw what he did in the NCAA's. Brown is 6'6" and played a year of PG before he came to WSU as a Fr.
                        These statements are pretty mild.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

I don't get the negativity on Connor. He played 1 year at KU and didn't light the world on fire. Guess what? Fred didn't light the world on fire his freshman year either. I don't think anyone is acting like he's the second coming. Give the kid a break and give him a chance to play ball. He's a City league legend and he's now playing ball at WSU. I hope he does great, but we'll be ok if he doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            He's a City league legend and he's now playing ball at WSU.
                            This line got me thinking.

Greg Drieling - Started at Wichita St. then transferred to bubble u.
                            Maurice Evans - Started at Wichita St. then transferred to Tejas.
                            Gaylon Nickerson started at Wichita St. then went All-American juco then went to K-State.
                            Conner Frankamp - Started at bubble u then transferred to Wichita St.

What's up with the Wichita kids going all transfer and stuff??? Lol

btw....just for the youngin's in case the memory has faded....

Greg Drieling - went on and played in the NBA
                            Maurice Evans - went on and played in the NBA.
                            Gaylon Nickerson - went on and played in the NBA.
                            Conner Frankamp - ??????wouldn't that be something??????
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

One of the biggest things I noticed while wishing him well this season was, he seemed like he wanted to extend the conversation. Can't say that about every Shocker I've randomly encountered in public except for Hannah and Cle.

Comment

Working...
                              X