Congrats Winthrop - 4 NCAA's in a row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Winthrop - 4 NCAA's in a row

Fantastic job by the Eagles to win on UNC-Ashville's home floor in the championship game. Mr. Jenkins had 33 to lead the way back to the NCAA Tournament for the 4th consecutive season and 8 of the last 10. Their senior class has amassed 100 wins during their 4 seasons. Think about it.

Now that's how you leave a program.

Giant Killers

took down 7'7 Kenny George

Comment

Wow. You see folks, that's hopefully the kind of success we're going to see--sooner, rather than later.

The future is bright. Congrats Winthrop--they earned it.

Comment

Coach Marshall discouraged Winthrop signees from following him. It might hurt us in the short term but it's a decision I'm glad he made.

Comment

Coach has honor. We knew some of them would want to follow him here but he knew he wanted to Winthrop with some good players and today proved it

Comment

This is why when he left Winthrop, the fans were not nearly as upset and seemed happy for him. Granted, the fans also knew that the day would come sometime when he would leave, but they also knew that enough building blocks were left for a good coach to be able to continue success at Winthrop.

Looking back at the past season for both teams, you really can see why fans were happy for Marshall, but we were upset with Turgeon.

Comment

Regarding recruits it may have also helped that HCGM's top assistant replaced him and so you had some continuity in the program. But no doubt the big thing was HCGM telling them they could not follow him.

Hopefully,Winthrop's success a sign of things to come for the Shockers.

Comment

ISASO can jump higher than Kenny George.
                Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Yes, I can, but not by much.

Comment

Wow...i cannot believe this thread.

Comment

Thats understandable.

Considering you lack the cerebral properties necessary to do so

Comment

I just thought this thread would go the other way....that is all.

Comment

What's "the other way"?

Comment

talking smack on Winthrop, I assume

Comment

While driving around town today and listening to sports radio, Andy Katz talked a little bit about Winthrop and Gregg Marshall. When asked if he felt GM made a mistake to go to WSU, Katz proclaimed a big yes. He advised he would have all but sure locked up the South Carolina job but now won't even get a look based on how poorly WSU peformed this year.

Katz stated there was no benefit for GM to go to WSU. He had Winthrop and that conference locked down essentially which he could have parlayed into a higher profile job. GM then moves to a different and more difficult conference and goes back to mediocrity is going to cost him.

Comment

Working...
                              X