Congrats Winthrop - 4 NCAA's in a row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wupike
    It depends on where you play, just like any other conference. UNCA won homecourt, their arena holds like 1k people max. Winthrops arena holds a little over 6k.
    Just out of curiousity, would you happen to know the average seating capacity of Big South arenas?

I assume UNCA must be the smallest?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
      Originally posted by wupike
      It depends on where you play, just like any other conference. UNCA won homecourt, their arena holds like 1k people max. Winthrops arena holds a little over 6k.
      Just out of curiousity, would you happen to know the average seating capacity of Big South arenas?

I assume UNCA must be the smallest?
      Charleston Southern 800
      Coastal 1040
      High Point 2565
      Liberty 9000
      Radford 5000
      UNCA 1100
      VMI 5800
      Winthrop 6100

Comment

Thanks, wupike. That is quite a range.

Comment

I think Charelston Southern has room for 700

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
            I think Charelston Southern has room for 700
            Oddly enough, that's one of the coolest places to play. It's really neat to watch a game there. But yeah, a big range. I'm pretty sure WU has the best attendence, and has for quite some time, but it's def. not as good as it could be. It's such a small conference. We want out.

Comment

^Where would you want to go to?

Comment

^Where would you want to go to?
                Honestly I have no idea. We don't have a football team, so that's whats holding us back. At least that is what we are told. I would imagine the A10, or the Southern Conference.

Comment

What about the CAA?

I keep thinking you guys could be similar to George Mason in terms of profile.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                    What about the CAA?

I keep thinking you guys could be similar to George Mason in terms of profile.
                    Anything would be a step up. We hate the Big Suck.

Comment

We like you and Mason too much. we can't see you fight. And what's with your jerseys? they're much nicer than a lot of other schools'

Comment

We like you and Mason too much. we can't see you fight. And what's with your jerseys? they're much nicer than a lot of other schools'
                        Everyone says that about Winthrop's jersey's, I don't know why everyone says that.

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Wasn't Katz spouting the great things about WSU not that long ago? About how great the facilities were etc?
                          Yes:

You might not think of Wichita State as a national program, but you may have to soon, Andy Katz writes.

Comment

Gotta love them eagles....congrats pike Im sure you will have alot of fans from shockernet pulling for you guys this postseason.

Do you think losing your Bracket Buster game will keep you from getting a 14 seed?
                            1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Originally posted by ICT Ragman
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Wasn't Katz spouting the great things about WSU not that long ago? About how great the facilities were etc?
                              Yes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/column...ndy&id=2627776
                              Wow what tool katz is ...thanks for the link ICT
                              1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Originally posted by WSUShokker
                                Gotta love them eagles....congrats pike Im sure you will have alot of fans from shockernet pulling for you guys this postseason.

Do you think losing your Bracket Buster game will keep you from getting a 14 seed?
                                Not sure, to be honest I don't think WU really cares where they are seeded. We have 3 top 100 RPI wins, which is better than alot of teams going to the tourney. For example Davidson, whooped us, but has zero top 100 wins. So we will see. I think a 14 is probably about where we will be.

Comment

Working...
                                X