No announcement yet.

Bronze Medal Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key play in the final minute may have been Ron securing the offensive rebound. Typical I want it more than the other guy Shocker attitude. Refer to that play when someone asks what does Play Angry mean.

Comment

Good comeback. If the US had a point guard that didn't have a me-first mentality, they'd be playing for and likely winning a gold today.

Baker impressed big time this tournament and no doubt, his stock rose with this event. I feel very fortunate that we have a guy with that talent and wit playing for us. Very proud of that guy.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Baker deserves all 12 Bronze medals plus the coaches medals. Tad was going crazy for Baker, so I'll let him keep his as long as he puts it on display at the Chuck.

Comment

Way to go Ron. I'll take your team basketball and all around effort every day of the week.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

My heart skipped 7 beats when #7 was high in the air and got smashed. Then he got smacked in the teeth later!!! Yikes!! Notice he got a very key loose ball at a crucial time too.Baker is so bad, as his foes admit, but so very good that a 20 point deficit will not hold USA down. Loved his sportsmanship after the game too. USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

Now let's get RB back to 21st and Hillside in one piece and help FVV lead this solid Shocker team to the promised land. They kept saying Baker would leave a better player. He will also help our younger players here become better players also. That is what leaders do.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

After watching this tournament I'm left with the following impression. (Not surprisingly) FIBA plays a game that differs greatly from the basketball we play.

I see ZERO value in players LIKE Wilkins, Brown, Randolph, Langford et al being part of the team. I'm also not sure college stars like Baker are the answer either.

When the Olympics come around, the best are going to WANT to play and we're more likely to win gold than not, at least for the foreseeable future (Canada is going to be loaded soon).

For the rest of the events, why not have a select team? Get guys that WANT to sacrifice and be there, I don't care who it is, but they have to commit.

I realize where the best players are, but watching the crap we just put on the floor does nothing for pride of country. Let's find 15 kids that want to play for the USA and go with them for a year.

I'd rather watch a team of nobodies play basketball for the game and country and come up short than that crap we were subject to the last 5 days.

But that's just me.

Comment

Baker scored 26 points on 13 FG attempts during the medal round. On top of being the best (only?) defender for team USA.

He played 36 minutes today. The kid doesn't deserve just a bronze medal, but a purple heart and maybe a bronze star.

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
                  What were his final stats?
                  Played 36:53 scored 11 points on 3-6 FG (3-5 from 3) and 2-2 FT. 5 boards (2nd most on the team) 3 assists, 2 steals 1 foul.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Played 36:53 scored 11 points on 3-6 FG (3-5 from 3) and 2-2 FT. 5 boards (2nd most on the team) 3 assists, 2 steals 1 foul.
                    I assume you left off all his turnovers? I heard team USA turned it over a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      Baker had 1 turnover. It was his first turnover of the entire tournament.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        Haha I see what you did there.

Comment

Just tuck this away, because you're going to hear it from the national experts all year.

Brogdon and Valentine will be mentioned (especially Brogdon) as 2 of the best all around players in college basketball. They play at major schools you know.

Neither can DREAM of carrying Ron Baker's jockstrap.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                            Baker had 1 turnover. It was his first turnover of the entire tournament.
                            And turnover was passing to Melo. Baker's misstake was that he should have known Mello wouldn't brake to the pass.

Comment

Baker had at least two, because there was one he lost as he was bringing the ball up court. Behind the back dribble got away from him.

Still, he did a great job taking care of the ball the whole tournament.

Comment

It needed to be said, hope both of them see it.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X