• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baseball for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyShock
      Originally posted by BostonWu
      Easily? When was the last time that happened around here? Perhaps since the days of X? I don't believe Miller, Wilson, Arnold, Cooper or Sasha achieved it.
      The hard part of that is the rebounds, and that's Ramon's strength. From what I understand he's working more on his scoring skills, so if he can maintain or improve his rebounding, and significantly improve his scoring, I could easily see him averaging 10/10, not 25/15 or 20/20, but 10/10.

:yahoo: :wsu_posters: :clap: :yahoo:
      I think he might come close but with hopefully more scoring options available next season I'm not sure he can get to 10 points.

Comment

Miller averaged 6.6 his Sr year. Ramon's 7.9 rpg is the most since Troy Mack grabbed 6.9 in 01-02.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
          On the team poster Ellis and Hawkins appear to be standing side-by-side. From that perspective, Ellis looks to be 2-3" taller than the Hawkins, who is listed at 6'5". With him having already turned 20 last August, I doubt he has grown since arriving here.

My guess is that the 6'7" is just an incorrect listing and he's really 6'8". 6'9" seems like a bit of a stretch.

But who knows. For some reason, there is always a game being played when it comes to listing the height of basketball players.
          Having seen Ellis close up in person standing next to Arbry Butler and JT Durley at the beginning of the season, I have no doubt that he is 6'9". Both of those guys are in the 6'7"-6'8" range, and he was noticeably taller than both of them.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Hopefully Ellis turns out to be 6'10" or so. It would be nice to have a lineup that ran 6'10" & 7'0" down low.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
              Hopefully Ellis turns out to be 6'10" or so. It would be nice to have a lineup that ran 6'10" & 7'0" down low.
              6'10 WITH RANGE and then 7'0 also. Plus 7'off the bench.

Comment

Do scholarship players get free 'student passes or tickets' to other sport games we have, like baseball?

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                  Do scholarship players get free 'student passes or tickets' to other sport games we have, like baseball?
                  Yes. All you need to get the tickets is a valid student ID, which every enrolled student has, regardless of how their courses are paid for.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Only the radio, they said Ellis had 20 points and 10 rebounds, not 19 and 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                      Only the radio, they said Ellis had 20 points and 10 rebounds, not 19 and 9.
                      The box score says 19 and 9, in case anyone wanted the link.

Comment

Kennedy also mentioned a few blocks but the box score shows AE with 0.

Comment

The Shocks need to invite this 7 year old for the 1st game next year to sing the National Anthem. That would also be exciting.
                          The AOL.com video experience serves up the best video content from AOL and around the web, curating informative and entertaining snackable videos.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I think you keep AE on the perimeter as long as he is quick enough to stay out there.

With Stutz in the middle as a presence, AE would be more useful away from the basket. Not only will he alter 3-point shots with his height and length (even if he doesn't touch the ball they'll have to shoot over him), but then he will be ready to lead the break and finish on the other end.

Also, with his length he will alter/break up passes into the interior to start the break (which is Marshall's system of defense).

Comment

Next year, I really think we will win at least 17 games. This improvement is not based on our returning players being as valuable as the 4 Seniors we had this year. No way do we lose so many of the close games next year because we will have healthy and quality depth at each and every position. We will also be a better shooting team.

The returning players we do have will have had a year under their belt to be better prepared as to what is expected from them. The interjection of new recruits will be more talented than what we have seen lately and will bring the will to win, the fierce team competition to earn playing time, and a high-octane energy level which will all help result in a Program back on the rise. From top to bottom on our new roster, we will be deep at each and every position. That is exciting but HCGM is not done grooming and adding to the best recruiting class we will have witnessed in many many years.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                              X