Senior Night 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Night 2016

I know its too early to think about Senior night since the season hasn't even begun yet, but I hope the WSU Athletic Dept has started thinking about how they'll handle one of the most epic Senior classes in our program's history. Not one but TWO players whose numbers could be hanging in the rafters someday. I truly hope they don't have the usual mundane "ceremony" where they give the players a framed jersey and show a couple of video highlights. These guys deserve more. I am reminded of the KU class of Vaughn, Haase, Pollard, and BJ Williams where they threw roses on the floor and gave a raucous standing ovation. Anyone with any ideas on how to make it special?

Bronze Statues and Insta-Retired Jerseys?
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
      Bronze Statues and Insta-Retired Jerseys?
      Boom! No need for further ideas. Winner, winner chicken dinner. :)

Comment

You do realize there will be more than just Ron and Fred to celebrate. What are you going to do -- ignore Evan and Wamukota? And what about Grady?

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
          You do realize there will be more than just Ron and Fred to celebrate. What are you going to do -- ignore Evan and Wamukota? And what about Grady?
          Who said anything about ignoring them? 5 tremendous assets to the program, including 2 that would be considered all-time greats and Evan who is probably going to go down as the all-time highest winning percentage in games he played.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurley View Post
            ...Evan who is probably going to go down as the all-time highest winning percentage in games he played.
            I get what you are saying, but if you really get literal with this statistic, the highest percentage actually is probably held by John Robert Simon. He actually almost took a loss in the Hawaii game. It seems like we had guard foul problems in the first half, and JRS was put in for like 30 seconds at the end of the half. If he ever plays in a loss, it will be because we got beat by double digits...and probably more like 20-25.
            78-65

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
              do walk-ons count when they're seniors?

Comment

Maybe someday... :)

Baker Street?

VanVleet Boulevard?
                Last edited by WstateU; June 1, 2015, 03:33 PM.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                  I get what you are saying, but if you really get literal with this statistic, the highest percentage actually is probably held by John Robert Simon. He actually almost took a loss in the Hawaii game. It seems like we had guard foul problems in the first half, and JRS was put in for like 30 seconds at the end of the half. If he ever plays in a loss, it will be because we got beat by double digits...and probably more like 20-25.
                  If we have a minimum game played threshold, or looking for someone on scholarship, wouldn't Kadeem Coleby and his 35-1 lone season be the winner?

Comment

Pretty sure he went in at the end of the @ UNI game. That would've been his first loss as a Shocker if I'm remembering right

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                      Pretty sure he went in at the end of the @ UNI game. That would've been his first loss as a Shocker if I'm remembering right
                      Not according to ESPN stats. Let me see what the GoShockers box score shows.

EDIT: GoShockers box score confirms it. He didn't get in for the UNI loss.
                      78-65

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                        If we have a minimum game played threshold, or looking for someone on scholarship, wouldn't Kadeem Coleby and his 35-1 lone season be the winner?
                        Kadeem missed more than a couple of games, but yeah, it's a solid %.

Hmm.....goshockers.com says 36 games played 19 started. I stand corrected. I sure thought his foot/toe sidelined him for more than a couple of games. Is this how I'm going to remember that season?

.972 winning %. That's gotta rank high on any list.

What do we figure Evan at right now....84-5? (13, 8, 34, 28 and losses to ND, ISU, UNI, UU, UK?)

Even a 40-0 senior season would put him only at a 96.1% (tongue firmly in cheek)
                        Last edited by WuDrWu; June 1, 2015, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Even a 40-0 senior season would put him only at a 96.1% (tongue firmly in cheek)
                          No way 40-0 happens.....

There doesn't appear to enough games on the schedule.

39-0 though?
                          78-65

Comment

NCAA has a policy about this for record keeping. I don't recollect the exact rule but it is something like excluding people based on number of games played or mpg. It would be silly for walk-ons at every program to dominate the record board.
                            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                              NCAA has a policy about this for record keeping. I don't recollect the exact rule but it is something like excluding people based on number of games played or mpg. It would be silly for walk-ons at every program to dominate the record board.
                              This. You have to play a certain number of games.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X