Shockwaves - MVC Spring Basketball Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
    IF(certainly a Big IF) the Power-5 splits from the NCAA, anything can happen.

But if they do, why wouldn't they create their own major sports playoffs?

Likely they split for numerous reasons:

1. Dictate their own rules which best serve their eventual 70-100 plus schools.

2. No sharing of huge End of Year FB and BB Playoff Tournament profits with all the rest of the undeserving smaller conferences/schools or independents.

3. Eliminate the elitists losing to the riff-raft and getting embarrassed every year.

4. And so forth.
    IMO the P5 have already begun implementing their plans to become the P4 with 18 schools per conference, resulting in 72 schools controlling the world of college sports.

Comment

I haven't quite figured out what colleges and universities are for. Are they for getting an education or are they for making a lot of money off of sports. That's what it seems the P5 is doing.

Comment

Here's a spring update...I'm at Atlantis and I just placed my bet on the Shox next year for the NC....30:1 odds, which I think aren't bad, $10 minimum. If they win we'll have a paid vacation back here next year to cash the ticket.

Comment

Hey, shocka khan, in addition to the money, that ticket may very possibly, in the very near future, buy you a round of drinks in any 'gin joint' you bump into a Shocker fan, anywhere in the world, for the rest of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            Here's a column on cost-of-attendance in the Valley from the Springfield paper. Interesting that MSU will only fund basketball (men's and women's). UNI will do basketball and volleyball.

WSU will fund all sports. It's going to get more lonely at the top.
            This should really help WSU in baseball in the future. If WSU is the ONLY Valley school funding cost-of-attendance in baseball the Shockers will have a huge recruiting advantage over all the other Valley schools. It may be just the thing the Shox need to start winning Valley titles again in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
              This should really help WSU in baseball in the future. If WSU is the ONLY Valley school funding cost-of-attendance in baseball the Shockers will have a huge recruiting advantage over all the other Valley schools. It may be just the thing the Shox need to start winning Valley titles again in baseball.
              Yes, but if our goals are more than just Valley titles, this hurts us - big. A strong conference is important to getting consistent, proper treatment on seeding into the NCAA. You can get good seeds without a strong conference, but the margin for error becomes much much smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                It will be like 2009 when WSU actually played a pretty decent non-conference and went 18-5. But the Mvc was really weak and drug down WSU Rpi and then WSU didn't win the tournament and didn't get an at-large bid.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  It will be like 2009 when WSU actually played a pretty decent non-conference and went 18-5. But the Mvc was really weak and drug down WSU Rpi and then WSU didn't win the tournament and didn't get an at-large bid.
                  I think you mean 2010. In 2009 the Shockers did win the conference tournament and went to Oklahoma to play in the regional.

Comment

Marty Simmons is supposed to have his best team in 9 years yet he lost 2 assistants. What does that mean? Yes they both took head coaching jobs but they were both non-D1 jobs.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                      I think you mean 2010. In 2009 the Shockers did win the conference tournament and went to Oklahoma to play in the regional.
                      thanks. You are right.

Comment

Working...
                      X