VP questions AD Eric Sexton's dual role at Wichita State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
    This individual cited as the "source" of the Eagle story is a well known asshole (my opinion but it is based on experience with this individual)
    Whoa, that was a thorough beat-down. Maybe he should reconsider his decision to "not go quietly into that good night".

Comment

Rage, rage against the dying light.

Comment

You can't fire me, I quit!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Dylan Thomas
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
            Dylan Thomas
            I thought it was Rodney Dangerfield.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Editorial: Two jobs are too much

May 6th editorial from The Wichita Eagle

http://www.kansas.com/opinion/editor...e20380419.html
              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Brownlee offers IMO a weak defense of a poorly researched and written article published earlier in the Eagle. If the paper wants to defend its shoddy reporting on its Editorial Page the paper should offer more than a bland rehash of the article itself.

Comment

Dylan Thomas
                  Whoever he was.

Comment

Now two student leaders are taking up the side of the departing VP.

The latest article in the Eagle is frustrating for a number of reasons;

1) it continues to drum up this idea that somehow students were in danger of a serial rapist

2) it uses students to "bolster" the story of someone that kept his mouth shut for two years. The students do not seem to have a problem with that. Loyalty is weird that way.

3) it continues a society trend to create victims were there were none. There were no victims at WSU, but the tone of this article acts like there was some huge cover-up which could not be further from the truth. The truth is that had this been a non-athlete none of the folks throwing around these complaints would have known about the allegations.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                      Just a couple silver spoon kids who have future political aspirations trying to make a name for themselves. Doesn't matter if they are on the wrong side of the issue - they just need a issue.

Comment

I have read the latest article. I would post a link, but I am unapproved for reading the content of the online Wichita Eagle. Roy Wenzl is the writer.

I would like to see a show of hands of anyone, who believes that VP Robinson has instigated the complaints, which were filed by the students.

My right arm, which is connected to my right hand, is raised to the heavens.

Here is Robinson's problem, which he has created for himself. If he gets another VP job at a university, I will be most surprised. At best, he will be teaching Biology 101 at some college that you have never heard about. And it will be fitting.

President Bardo may have had three purposes in mind, not two, when he promoted VP/AD/Dr. Sexton. Perhaps a Machiavellianism at its best.

This is a little bit like a modern Shakespearean play.

In the end, it will be a little dustup, which signifies nothing.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I have read the latest article. I would post a link, but I am unapproved for reading the content of the online Wichita Eagle. Roy Wenzl is the writer.

I would like to see a show of hands of anyone, who believes that VP Robinson has instigated the complaints, which were filed by the students.

My right arm, which is connected to my right hand, is raised to the heavens.

Here is Robinson's problem, which he has created for himself. If he gets another VP job at a university, I will be most surprised. At best, he will be teaching Biology 101 at some college that you have never heard about. And it will be fitting.

President Bardo may have had three purposes in mind, not two, when he promoted VP/AD/Dr. Sexton. Perhaps a Machiavellianism at its best.

This is a little bit like a modern Shakespearean play.

In the end, it will be a little dustup, which signifies nothing.

Both hands raised.

I don't get it. Bardo answered everything in the letter stating facts that have commonly been known for the last two years. No cover up, not on campus, not a student, looked at by multiple sets of eyes in the law enforcement and prosecutorial chain, an athlete that had exhausted his eligibility, and zilch, nothing, nada as a true basis for this allegation being charged in court. If it were legit and there was a cover up or merit to prosecute, wouldn't you bet some people would have their ass sued off civilly by now including the alleged suspect and the university.

I chalk it up to new media personalities in town and don't understand how this horse died two years ago.

Not sure what Wenzl's issue is with all of this. Maybe he's bored because there hasn't been anything new to write about the Sedgwick County Zoo.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post

The latest article in the Eagle is frustrating for a number of reasons;

1) it continues to drum up this idea that somehow students were in danger of a serial rapist

2) it uses students to "bolster" the story of someone that kept his mouth shut for two years. The students do not seem to have a problem with that. Loyalty is weird that way.

3) it continues a society trend to create victims were there were none. There were no victims at WSU, but the tone of this article acts like there was some huge cover-up which could not be further from the truth. The truth is that had this been a non-athlete none of the folks throwing around these complaints would have known about the allegations.
                            Even if you hate Bardo and Sexton, this is a slap in the face to the local law enforcement and prosecuting folks that looked at this. The tone of the story is that is was kept hush hush when in fact the police made a statement WHILE the case was being looked at, a true rarity that pissed some folks off at the time.

Comment

What would Brownlee know about doing two jobs? He can't do one in a fashion that doesn't make me threaten to cancel the Eagle about once a week.

Comment

I don't know about the Eagle, but my experience in the private sector is that people are often asked to do two jobs. The Eagle is way off on this one.
                                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
                                X