2015 Gregg Marshall Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    I wonder, if/when they do get skyboxes built in, will that make more season tix available to the public as more of the corporate sponsors move up to the boxes?
    I would guess YES and NO. There might be some tickets that do come available if a company decides on dropping regular tickets to get skybox...although I could see some company like Koch add a skybox in addition to the company seats it has now. That said, should a company drop tickets in exchange for a skybox, John Q. Public won't get access to those seats. Boatright mentioned at the auction about some seats that were included in the package with tickets to all of the ticketed sports. It seems like those seats were pretty good seats...mid-court, Row 20 maybe? Boatright said that to buy seats like that, it would cost a three-year, $10,000/year pledge in addition to the cost of the seats. Anyone here able to afford that kind of jack?
    78-65

Comment

Maybe we could start a ShockerNet Commune, you know, defray our cost of living to be able to put our money where it is most important

Comment

Did anybody (or their wives) perhaps note what the live auction items went for? I would love to know what some of them brought in for the cause.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

The "blow the roof off" comment will be a real disappointment if it relates to the construction of the skyboxes rather than a signed player. I'll get over my disappointment because it will be cool to have the skyboxes but wouldn't you think that construction would have started right after the conference season ended in order to have more time to complete them before the 15-16 season starts? Wasting two months doesn't sound like good planning. Does anyone know if there are events planned for CKA during the summer, like Marshall's camps?

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
            The "blow the roof off" comment will be a real disappointment if it relates to the construction of the skyboxes rather than a signed player. I'll get over my disappointment because it will be cool to have the skyboxes but wouldn't you think that construction would have started right after the conference season ended in order to have more time to complete them before the 15-16 season starts? Wasting two months doesn't sound like good planning. Does anyone know if there are events planned for CKA during the summer, like Marshall's camps?
            I'm 99.5% certain his comment was not related to the sky boxes. I was being facetious, however I can't speak for others who mentioned the sb's as the subject of his veiled comment.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

From what I read, the "blow the roof off" comment was said in conjunction with HCGM introducing Greg Heir and saying how good of a job he's done on the recruiting trail.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                I just want to throw out anybody that has proven averages of 14 & 8 against Division I opponents would be a big get.

We have had very few do it.
                I am setting Grady as my over/under for expectations based on Marshall's comment. He would be an excellent big man addition at this point in the game. It's much more likely that you add big men with Glass or Atwood's abiliy when new names surface this late....just think what last year's rotation may have looked like if we had found an equivalent to Grady in the off season.

Extremely happy with Grady, but feel like being greedy...

JW3 would make a very significant impact to the program over time, but it seems this has to be someone immediately eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                  I had one of two thoughts to help with space:

B) So many things are sponsored and donated. The beverages are donated. The food is donated. The golf balls are sponsored so that there is no cost for that. At some point, WSU should approach Century II about being the "facility sponsor," essentially donating the facility rental costs. I thought about Intrust but realized that it would have some of the same problems as CKA. Century II looks to be perfect for this event. It just seems apparent that at some point, this event has to go there. The practice gym is almost suffocating.
                  I don't think this event will ever move away from WSU. It'd be like having Zoobilee at Intrust Bank Arena.

Speaking for myself, I would envision that the end goal isn't to get every person in the city to come. It's to get the people in who will bid and buy the auction items. That's where the majority of the revenue is generated
                  Last edited by EB 22; May 4, 2015, 12:56 PM.
                  ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                  www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

what do they charge for admission?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      what do they charge for admission?
                      $75 for normal tickets. $150 for VIP tickets.
                      78-65

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        From what I read, the "blow the roof off" comment was said in conjunction with HCGM introducing Greg Heir and saying how good of a job he's done on the recruiting trail.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

My favorite whale carcass explosion video is the one where they blew it up with dynamite in the late 70's not really thinking that the whale doesn't just disappear, it has to go somewhere. Or should I rephrase and say "the red mist has to go somewhere." Exploding whale videos are one hell of a youtube rabbit hole to venture down. A solid 15 minutes of entertainment.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                            Did anybody (or their wives) perhaps note what the live auction items went for? I would love to know what some of them brought in for the cause.
                            Have they published this yet?

Comment

Any word on how much they raised or what any particular live auction items went for?
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Enough to buy a new future roof, I hope.

Comment

Working...
                                X