Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wufan View Post
    Per the available bigs thread in the recruiting forum:

HCGM commented at the auction tonight that "we're getting ready to blow the roof off this place in the next week" when introducing coach Heiar and praising him for his tremendous recruiting efforts. I can't wait!
    That description doesn't fit any of the recruits that we know have been on campus recently.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      That description doesn't fit any of the recruits that we know have been on campus recently.
      Unless one of them was heavily targeted by the staff.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Thank you to everybody who came out yesterday. Many items went for significantly less than the past two years.

For those that went, do you have any suggestions or comments on how to make next years event better?
        ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
        www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
          Thank you to everybody who came out yesterday. Many items went for significantly less than the past two years.

For those that went, do you have any suggestions or comments on how to make next years event better?
          Well we would have stayed for the last eight items had we been able to enjoy an adult beverage while we participated. None could be found until we were almost out the arena doors to the parking lot when a woman with a tray approached us.

Additionally we bought one of the live auction items and I was sort of disappointed that we weren't given a complimentary bottle of cheap champagne like they used to do. After dropping that kind of cash I could have used a drink. The event was great though, like always, and we took some die hard KU fans and even they were very impressed.

I was glad to see the committee take the high road and not promote themes trashing KU.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            Unless one of them was heavily targeted by the staff.
            If this is what is meant by game changers, I won't be impressed. Muhammed and Grady are OK but not intriguing or exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
              If this is what is meant by game changers, I won't be impressed. Muhammed and Grady are OK but not intriguing or exciting.
              Of all the bigs that have been mentioned in the recruiting forum, the only one I can think of that would be a game changer would be Thon Maker. But I don't think it's him. It would have to be someone not mentioned in the forum.

Comment

A few more tables to eat at. Our group of 8 was "sharing" (we thought) a table with another group of 4. A couple people would finish eating and a couple others would sit down. A lady from the other group (who had finished eating) came over and indignantly said "that's our stuff" and removed a half empty bottle of water and a purse that was under the table. We were offering to get up in a couple more bites when another lady from the other group came to sarcastically introduce herself to us since we "must run the entire university."

Both of those ladies stood an received applause when HCGM introduced them as helping make the night a success. Needless to say the people in my group were not impressed with their hospitality. It put a damper on things so we left early.

I know it's easier said than done, but I think it all could have been avoided with a few more tables. I think we're all shocker fans.

Comment

Originally posted by swiltar71 View Post
                  A few more tables to eat at. Our group of 8 was "sharing" (we thought) a table with another group of 4. A couple people would finish eating and a couple others would sit down. A lady from the other group (who had finished eating) came over and indignantly said "that's our stuff" and removed a half empty bottle of water and a purse that was under the table. We were offering to get up in a couple more bites when another lady from the other group came to sarcastically introduce herself to us since we "must run the entire university."

Both of those ladies stood an received applause when HCGM introduced them as helping make the night a success. Needless to say the people in my group were not impressed with their hospitality. It put a damper on things so we left early.

I know it's easier said than done, but I think it all could have been avoided with a few more tables. I think we're all shocker fans.
                  That's unfortunate to say the least. I think at some point they're going to have to go to assigned seating for all. Pay more to sit because I have no idea where they are going to put more tables. If you're in the middle of the room, getting out is a chore.

Comment

Go with $50 SRO tickets and $100 reserved seating.

Comment

It was disappointing in the silent auction to have someone in the last few seconds rush in and over bid us by a few dollars and then block the sheet from letting anyone else bid. That happened to us 3 times last night. Just made us give up bidding at the end. We were particularly interested in the autographed pictures. The committee could contact the 2nd place bidder on the easily reproduced items and have duplicates made. Would raise a lot more $$$.

Comment

Yeah the seating is tough. Some guy came up to me and started yelling at me because he didn't have a chair to sit in. I apologized and told him unfortunately that's beyond my control. He started to rant more so I jokingly offered to buy him a drink but he didn't find that funny.
                        ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                        www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

I'll never understand why people get made at things like that, AT the event. Clearly there's no fix. If you're really bent out of shape, take the time to reach someone in charge the next business day and express your frustration in a professional manner. EVERY person I saw last night was busting their tail to make the event as enjoyable as possible and I'll bet most if not all were doing it for free.

Comment

Yeah the seating is tough. Some guy came up to me and started yelling at me because he didn't have a chair to sit in. I apologized and told him unfortunately that's beyond my control. He started to rant more so I jokingly offered to buy him a drink but he didn't find that funny.
                            If you would have thrown in an Oasis burger I would have smiled and laughed.

Comment

use http://www.bidpal.com next time for the silent auction.

Comment

Can anyone remember Marshall making announcement, similar to the one he made at the auction before?
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X