Shocks v Trees - Pre-game and in-game discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker

If Gal has the chance to play the point for an Israeli pro-team I think he will elect to go that route. Maybe not, though.
    Just because Gal says he wants to play for a European Pro team doesn't mean that he's good enough to play on one!

Comment

• I'm in St. louis Gal played an extremely motivated game. He was clapping and trying to motivate his team. He is not the reason we lost, but a piece of the puzzle as to why it was close.

Gal wants to be a ppint guard. an unreasonable expactation has been laced upon a sophmore. Gal started out as a 2 switched to a 1 then back to a
      2, the whole time dealing with injuries and a losing team. He has responded well, I personally jave critized him on this board. Critiscm which in retrospect was unfair.

He will not come back next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker
        I don't know if Gal will return or not, but I still think he believes he is a point guard. Unfortunately, HCGM is pretty much on record as saying he is out of position at the point.
        He is a point guard. But not for this level and style of play. He'd be great at a D2 school or appearently, in Euro ball.

He's just a kid who's particular size, skills and speed do not translate to having a "position" in D1 basketball.

He's a little big for a prototypical PG, and a bit too slow. Not a good enough shooter to be a SG. His perception of what a PG should be is not what is needed.

Just not a good fit. And it's unfortunate.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
          Originally posted by shocktastic
          Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
          I don't know if Gal will or will not return. If he does return, I hope he gets treated more fairly by certain fans next year. If he does not return, I wish him the best. This comment extends to JT, who probably tried to play defense; assuming he returns, I'm sure his defense will improve under Marshall. I think Matt will be a great coach next year and will inspire the team next year.
          Why don't you go back and read all some of the threads praising Gal? He got the same treatment as anybody else on the squad. It just so happens that he didn't improve one bit throughout the season. Not one bit. By far, he hurt the team more than any other player this season. He has certainly not earned a scholorship for WSU next season. Tonight was a perfect example. He forces a terrible shot going 1 on 3 at the most critical point on the game. The real question is why was he even on the floor? He's got no business coming back to WSU, unless it's to pack up his belongings in his brand new Lexus and get one more good meal at the Scotch.
          Well thanks, Coach Marshall, for coming on ShockerNet and giving us your opinion. Since you are the coach and you have the responsibility for the team, whatever decisions you make are fine with me. Fans know very little and are usually fairly ignorant about important aspects of the game. If you say Gal is gone, we accept your judgement.

I hope you don't mind if I ask a question. You said "The real question is why was he even on the floor?" and I'm a bit confused. As the coach, you decide who is on the floor. If you think a player is good enough to help the team, you give them playing time. If you don't think they are good enough, they sit on the bench. The fact that you, the WSU head coach, put Gal on the court means you think he helps the team more than another player on the bench. There seems to be a conflict here between your words ("The real question is why was he even on the floor?") and your actions (i.e. Gal is playing). Could you explain this discrepancy for us? Thanks!!
          Had I not gotten kicked out the game for what I felt were incorrect calls/no-calls, I would have been there to make the decision that Gal should not have been on the floor during that critical stretch. Unfortunately, the telekenesis energy I was sending out from the showers did not reach my assistant coach's on the bench. We'll work on that during the off season. But I appreciate your question. Next caller, please.
          Who was the 1st man to lead the country in rebounding and points in the same season? Oh ya. Me!!

Comment

Working...
          X