Reggie Lynch Leaving ISU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    They haven't made the final, final decision about football yet have they? Weren't they taking a look at that. Of course, starting football back up after their coaches and players have scattered with the wind will be a challenge.
    May 15th is the deadline for the latest study. I believe a decision will have to made before the conference meetings sometime in June.

The UAB Athletics Assessment Task Force has unanimously chosen College Sports Solutions to conduct a study of the university athletic department's finances and determine whether football is sustainable.
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
      I can't help but believe this is an "I want to go home" situation. There is nothing happening at Minnesota that suggests Richard Pitino will take the Gophers any farther than the Redbirds in the near future. Although the Redbirds ceiling seems to have been lowered with this turn of events.
      Maybe it is wanting to go home, and I guess we can hope so; but if Lynch had really been dreaming about this for a while, it could just as easily be yet another Redbird seeking a promotion -- especially considering that we're talking about someone from Big Ten + 4 country.

In any case, bad news for IlSt and for the Valley, although par for the course for both, unfortunately. It really highlights how important it is for WSU to be (and stay) one of the big boys capable of playing deep into the tournament, regardless of conference affiliation, because if you're already one of the big boys, your players don't need to worry about moving up in the world -- they're already there.

Comment

Working...
      X