Zach Brown at the two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
    Very nice. It is hard to really tell anything by these numbers though because it doesn't account for how often the player has the ball. Fred has the highest turnover per 40 minutes, but he always has the ball in his hand. Cotton and Brown didn't have the ball in their hands near as much while they were on the floor, therefore, they had way less opportunities to turn it over with their minutes. Kind of crazy Fred has a number in the same ballpark as them with the whole offense going through him. CF played a decent amount of PG at KU, so that turnover per 40 is pretty damn impressive!
    Yes and besides that, Brown doesn't take many risks with the ball, where Fred and Ron do. Whoever plays the 2 has to be able to take risks and attack when the time is necessary. Fred does, Ron does it too, but Zack Brown makes safe plays most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      Yes and besides that, Brown doesn't take many risks with the ball, where Fred and Ron do. Whoever plays the 2 has to be able to take risks and attack when the time is necessary. Fred does, Ron does it too, but Zack Brown, not often.
      That might change as a sophomore. It's pretty clear that the things Marshall asks of the freshman are different than those things he asks of experienced players.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
        That might change as a sophomore. It's pretty clear that the things Marshall asks of the freshman are different than those things he asks of experienced players.
        That's true.

Comment

FVV took NO risks his Fr year.

I will believe Frankamp can adjust to being a D1 PG when I see him do it in a Shocker uni - and there isn't a much better training ground in the nation. I'm not saying he won't do it or that I don't believe he'll do it. I'm saying it's difficult to adjust from HS super-shooter to a D1 PG (preferably pass-first).

Frankamp's TO stat (and as a result his A/TO ratio) was crazy good. He averaged 2.67 assists per 40 minutes. Concentrating on playing PG took a toll on his shooting (34% FG, 31% 3FG). A player with Frankamp's skills struggling the way he did illustrates the difficulty of changing positions from HS to high-level D1 ball. The year to work on his game off the court will help, but penciling him in as the PG of the future is risky.

I think Frankamp is the first off the bench in the back court in the second semester. I think you'll see him at SG with either FVV or Baker running point in competitive game situations.

First semester is a head scratcher with Henderson and Holland gone. The available rotation players are a Fr, Brown, or (yes, I'll say it) Simon. Wessel is too valuable closer to the basket or pulling a PF away from the basket. Brown is a legitimate consideration for rotation at the 2 next year.

Brown may be a guy who ends up able to play the 1, 2, 3, or 4 - and an NBA prospect at PG or SG. He played PG for a year at Sunrise against mostly JuCo competition and will have two years with one of the craftiest PG's in D1 ball.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            FVV took NO risks his Fr year.

I will believe Frankamp can adjust to being a D1 PG when I see him do it in a Shocker uni - and there isn't a much better training ground in the nation. I'm not saying he won't do it or that I don't believe he'll do it. I'm saying it's difficult to adjust from HS super-shooter to a D1 PG (preferably pass-first).

Frankamp's TO stat (and as a result his A/TO ratio) was crazy good. He averaged 2.67 assists per 40 minutes. Concentrating on playing PG took a toll on his shooting (34% FG, 31% 3FG). A player with Frankamp's skills struggling the way he did illustrates the difficulty of changing positions from HS to high-level D1 ball. The year to work on his game off the court will help, but penciling him in as the PG of the future is risky.

I think Frankamp is the first off the bench in the back court in the second semester. I think you'll see him at SG with either FVV or Baker running point in competitive game situations.

First semester is a head scratcher with Henderson and Holland gone. The available rotation players are a Fr, Brown, or (yes, I'll say it) Simon. Wessel is too valuable closer to the basket or pulling a PF away from the basket. Brown is a legitimate consideration for rotation at the 2 next year.

Brown may be a guy who ends up able to play the 1, 2, 3, or 4 - and an NBA prospect at PG or SG. He played PG for a year at Sunrise against mostly JuCo competition and will have two years with one of the craftiest PG's in D1 ball.
            Thanks. My thoughts to the T.

Comment

These are very fun questions and comments. Just a few guideline hints: Evan at either 4 or 3, always. FVV 1 always.
              You can do a lot with that. I think it is very possible Zach brown moves to a 3 or two. I think Shaq starts.
              SO thats:
              1. FVV
              2.Baker
              3.Brown.
              4. Wessell
              5. Morris.

I think we need to realize that we still have a 6-7 headed monster that is the post. The biggest positions in question are 3 and 5. I think Conner F., eventually becomes a starter, and I think and hope Shaq will be able to handle massive minutes. It will be interesting to see how much Brown, Hamilton, Kelly, Bush Tom, and McDuffie play. I imagine BushTom, and Brown becoming of more minutes. I see Nurger, McDuffie, and Hamilton riding a lot of pine.

Remember, whoever rebounds plays. Nurger, Bushtom, and Kelly need to buy themselves some new kicks.

Comment

Just random, but I just saw that the #5 player in the class of 2017 is a 7'1" center named Zach Brown. I have absolutely zero reason to believe there is any interest between he and WSU, but was just thinking (dangerous I know), How messed up would it be if we wound up with two Zach Browns?
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                  Just random, but I just saw that the #5 player in the class of 2017 is a 7'1" center named Zach Brown. I have absolutely zero reason to believe there is any interest between he and WSU, but was just thinking (dangerous I know), How messed up would it be if we wound up with two Zach Browns?
                  Don't really know why that would be messed up...

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                    Don't really know why that would be messed up...
                    Maybe messed up was the incorrect terminology to use. My apologies. I just think it would be odd to have two guys on the same team with the same name. Pretty sure I've never seen it before.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

If ZB2017 is a center and the #1 recruit in his class by some measure, it's likely Calipari and others in the business of keeping guys for a year before shipping them to the NBA will save WSU the trouble of coping with the name problem.

But it definitely would be uniquely confusing -- so, to veer off topic a bit, how would Mike Kennedy handle it? Might he just throw up his hands and call it a career, leaving it for his successor to figure out? (On the other hand, I think Chick Hearn still did games in his 90s, didn't he? So we may have Mike around for another 25-30 years.)

Comment

Just use their numbers?
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

Betcha GM would not lose a second of sleep worrying the name confusion.

Comment

Working...
                          X