Zach Brown at the two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zach Brown at the two

Zach Brown played point guard at sunrise and did well. Pretty sure that won't relate to playing the same position at WSU. I do believe he should be able to handle the 2 position if needed.

It's really feeling like the off season now....i'll just comment here instead of starting a new thread... Baker at the three??

Comment

I don't think he will play much at the 2 this year with Baker locking down most the minutes. I could see him starting at the 2 next year.
      1) Frankamp
      2) Brown
      3) Mcduffie
      4) Kelly
      5) Morris

Comment

Brown has to improve his ability to handle the ball to play the 2. Our 2's, under Marshall always have some point guard skills. Another possibility may be that Brown may have those skills without the confidence so he needs to gain his confidence. In fact, he may be exhibiting those skills during practice. Either way, he needs to grow in game experience in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
          It's really feeling like the off season now....i'll just comment here instead of starting a new thread... Baker at the three??
          Lol . I said if needed. Like when baker's getting a breather on the bench. And the newbie guards are still learning.
          He might be needed to give the shockers a few minutes there until the newbies get up to speed.

Comment

I think Comner will back up Evan at the four and Shaq will back up FVV at PG. It's called inverting the offense, and it will be played in honor of this year's National Champion Bowling Team. Shaq will be the bowling ball. The other team will be the pins...
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
              I think Comner will back up Evan at the four and Shaq will back up FVV at PG. It's called inverting the offense, and it will be played in honor of this year's National Champion Bowling Team. Shaq will be the bowling ball. The other team will be the pins...
              National championship for sure!!
              Let's do it.
              But who's comner?

Comment

[QUOTE=Ol skool;572599]Lol . I said if needed. Like when baker's getting a breather on the bench. And the newbie guards are still learning.
                He might be needed to give the shockers a few minutes there until the newbies get up to speed.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article1124941.html

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  Brown has to improve his ability to handle the ball to play the 2. Our 2's, under Marshall always have some point guard skills. Another possibility may be that Brown may have those skills without the confidence so he needs to gain his confidence. In fact, he may be exhibiting those skills during practice. Either way, he needs to grow in game experience in this area.
                  I remember seeing Brown exhibit some decent ball-handling skills en route to a nice dunk a few weeks ago. Course all he had to do was get by a guy who was asleep so maybe that's not a good example of his ball handling skills. Lol :)
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                    I remember seeing Brown exhibit some decent ball-handling skills en route to a nice dunk a few weeks ago. Course all he had to do was get by a guy who was asleep so maybe that's not a good example of his ball handling skills. Lol :)
                    Yes, he's decent but not Baker with very low turnovers. I can see CF with those kinds of handles though.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                      Yes, he's decent but not Baker with very low turnovers. I can see CF with those kinds of handles though.
                      Brown had 12 turnovers in 284 minutes, a rate of 1.69 per 40 minutes.
                      Baker had 39 turnovers in 1145 minutes, a rate of 1.36 per 40 minutes.
                      Fred had 59 turnovers in 1104 minutes, a rate of 2.14 per 40 minutes.
                      Cotton had 45 turnovers in 1080 minutes, a rate of 1.67 per 40 minutes.

At KU, Connor had 3 turnovers in 225 minutes, a rate of 0.53 per 40 minutes.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I'm just saying that for the first 9 games
                        We have no experienced guard to back up baker and for that matter Fred. And if one of the newbies aren't ready early who other than Zac would be the logical choice?
                        Unless I'm missing somebody?
                        Maybe I'm bowling on the wrong lane?

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Nice stats. Please breakdown by using dribble error and passing error categories.

Just kidding!
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ol skool View Post
                            I'm just saying that for the first 9 games
                            We have no experienced guard to back up baker and for that matter Fred. And if one of the newbies aren't ready early who other than Zac would be the logical choice?
                            Unless I'm missing somebody?
                            Maybe I'm bowling on the wrong lane?
                            Depending on how the game is going, Evan could play the 2 or he may work in Shamet and/or Taylor. I'm predicting big contributions from Shamet this year.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Very nice. It is hard to really tell anything by these numbers though because it doesn't account for how often the player has the ball. Fred has the highest turnover per 40 minutes, but he always has the ball in his hand. Cotton and Brown didn't have the ball in their hands near as much while they were on the floor, therefore, they had way less opportunities to turn it over with their minutes. Kind of crazy Fred has a number in the same ballpark as them with the whole offense going through him. CF played a decent amount of PG at KU, so that turnover per 40 is pretty damn impressive!

Comment

Working...
                              X