No announcement yet.

Marshall's defining player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FVV will end his career as one of the 5 greatest Shockers ever. If he doesn't end up being Marshall's defining player, then I would expect we are in for more fun the next 10 years!
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
      Basically Fred Van Vleet at 6'5'' is what you're asking for... That's the only thing that's holding Fred back from being ''that guy'' ... Which is something he can't control....
      Didn't stop John Stockton :)

Fred has that similar je ne sais quoi.
      The Assman

Comment

Jenni said what???

Comment

Possibly a bit out there, and definitely just high hopes at this point, but it would be interesting if Frankamp ended up being the defining player. A kid with a second chance in his hometown playing for the program he spurned for his dream program at KU. Realizes the opportunity for advancement lies back home with Gregg Marshall. If Frankamp comes here and lights it up, and Gregg develops him into a top D-1 player with similar accolades to his HS and Junior Amateur career, it could be one hell of a story.

To me I feel if CF lights it up at WSU, it could be the biggest feather in GM's cap in terms of defining players. Maybe bigger than Ron Baker, because I feel as defining as Fred is, and as competitive and similar to Gregg he is, Ron defines Marshall. A kid with no hype from Western KS that no one other than WSU was even in on, turns out to be an All-American... just a brilliant story.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Ramon Clemente.

Watching the way Marshall got him to play, throwing himself all over the court, on some not so great teams gave me great hope that good things would follow as the talent level rose across the board.

Comment

Fred is the closest we have to the defining player at this point. To me, it's a highly touted recruit that spurns the major offers, comes here and leads us to the promised land (deep runs) over his career. Fred has pretty much done that, save for being "highly recruited". When I think of a defining player, I think of Antoine Carr or Xavier McDaniel. We've been blessed with highly talented guards under Marshall, I'm waiting for us to start getting a stable of highly talented bigs. To date, our bigs have been serviceable. Cle was an exception.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                Ramon Clemente.

Watching the way Marshall got him to play, throwing himself all over the court, on some not so great teams gave me great hope that good things would follow as the talent level rose across the board.
                Perfect example of what Marshall can do with a raw gem. Laser cut that dude into a diamond.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

The answer is Fred. Who are the real competition? Cle was a great player. Tekele Cotton should be a 1rst rounder for the NBA. Cle is a sensational player. But the answer is still sure-fire Fred. There is not a better representation of Gregg Marshall than Fred VanVleet. Sure, Early,Cotton,Ragland,Hall,Toure, are all amazing gifts to Marshall. But VanVleet is everything Marshall wishes for a ambassador to WSU, off-the-field representation, High-Character, Leader, Coach, Baller.

Fred VanVleet is the best point guard the youth of this nations ever seen for the college game.

Comment

Originally posted by ShocktheHawks View Post
                    The answer is Fred. Who are the real competition? Cle was a great player. Tekele Cotton should be a 1rst rounder for the NBA. Cle is a sensational player. But the answer is still sure-fire Fred. There is not a better representation of Gregg Marshall than Fred VanVleet. Sure, Early,Cotton,Ragland,Hall,Toure, are all amazing gifts to Marshall. But VanVleet is everything Marshall wishes for a ambassador to WSU, off-the-field representation, High-Character, Leader, Coach, Baller.

Fred VanVleet is the best point guard the youth of this nations ever seen for the college game.
                    Tekele should not be an NBA first rounder.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      Tekele should not be an NBA first rounder.
                      You say that but don't read that I wrote about Cle twice? lol.

I think so.

He can drive to the basket tough, He can't shoot all that well. Plays D. But then again Cle was a better all-round player. I guess I hate seeing him ending up in a league where he is better than everyone. He certainly is better than most who are declaring for the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                        Jenni said what???
                        CUT!!! It's "Jenna"! It's "Jenna said what?"! Now, let's try that again. Sonic commercial #12, cut 2, take 14 . . . action!

Comment

You say that but don't read that I wrote about Cle twice? lol.

I think so.

He can drive to the basket tough, He can't shoot all that well. Plays D. But then again Cle was a better all-round player. I guess I hate seeing him ending up in a league where he is better than everyone. He certainly is better than most who are declaring for the draft.
                          You can't be 6'2 and not shoot "all that well" in the NBA. And if you are, you better be a fantastic PG. Sorry man, but the idea of TC as a 1st rounder is silly. If there were three rounds he still wouldn't get drafted.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            You can't be 6'2 and not shoot "all that well" in the NBA. And if you are, you better be a fantastic PG. Sorry man, but the idea of TC as a 1st rounder is silly. If there were three rounds he still wouldn't get drafted.
                            Oh well. still love em'. im still tots right about fred tho.

Comment

Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                              Jenni said what???
                              What did Jenna tellya?
                              Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

Oh well. still love em'. im still tots right about fred tho.

Comment

Working...
                                X