ron baker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but can Ron not declare for the draft, therefore not be drafted and then contact teams to workout and perhaps sign as a free agent?
    I have no idea how it works with someone who has a degree. I know that there is a deadline you have to declare by if you're what they classify as an "early entrant." You have to apply with documentation formally.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Some really stupid comments on *******'s tweet about it:

Mike Vrabel ‏@mbvrabel 6m6 minutes ago
      @GoodmanESPN That makes VanVleet a 13th-year senior, right?

I think this guy's thinking of Grant Gibbs.

Comment

• “I spent a lot of time talking it over with Coach, my teammates and my family,” Baker said. “The reality is, I felt like any decision I made was going to be a good one. I think I’ll eventually be successful at the next level, but with what we have coming in and the people we have returning, including Fred VanVleet, next season has the potential to be very special. It’s been an amazing ride here at WSU, and my family and I aren’t quite ready for it to end.”

“We are so happy to be able to coach Ron Baker during his senior season,” WSU head coach, Gregg Marshall said. “It goes without saying that Ron has already established himself as an all-time Shocker great, as well as an iconic figure in college basketball. Any coach would be hard-pressed to find a better representative of his program.”

All-American guard, Ron Baker announced Monday that he will return for his senior season at Wichita State.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
          Some really stupid comments on *******'s tweet about it:

Just because someone has been wicked good since they were a freshman doesn't mean they have been around forever. FVV hasn't even redshirted.

Comment

Some really stupid comments on *******'s tweet about it:

People just aren't used to GREAT players staying 4 years .. so it seems like they have been here forever.

Comment

• I guess Ron's statement also more or less confirms that Fred will be back as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                I guess Ron's statement also more or less confirms that Fred will be back as well.
                Mark Adams already tweeted that FVV will be back.

Comment

Some really stupid comments on *******'s tweet about it.
                  A lot of these talking heads can't believe Gregg Marshall has stayed at Wichita State either.

Comment

A lot of these talking heads can't believe Gregg Marshall has stayed at Wichita State either.
                    Quotes from people that matter: ... @DCarter12_: Great Place Great people. Who wouldn't wanna stay?

Comment

• Darius' opinon:

@DCarter12_: Great place great people. Who wouldn't wanna stay?
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        Mark Adams already tweeted that FVV will be back.
                        Yes, but some were looking form confirmation of that. Niether Mark's tweet or Ron's statements are exactly official confirmation but it seems pretty solid.

Comment

Yes, but some were looking form confirmation of that. Niether Mark's tweet or Ron's statements are exactly official confirmation but it seems pretty solid.
                          @PaulS:uellentrop: WSU's backcourt returns for 2015-16 season. http://t.co/dNAhBmY0Qn/s/MC-C

Baker announced his decision on Monday with a news release. Joe Danforth, VanVleet’s step-father, confirmed the decision.

“He’s coming back,” Danforth said. “They’re looking to do some big stuff next year.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article18413447.html#storylink=cpy
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Gregg's staying???????
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• JRS will be back next season ;)

@JRSimon10: Would like everyone to know I will forgo the NBA draft and return to the shockers as well for my junior season! Everyone can breathe now!😌
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                                JRS will be back next season ;)

@JRSimon10: Would like everyone to know I will forgo the NBA draft and return to the shockers as well for my junior season! Everyone can breathe now!😌
                                Now that's funny.
                                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                                -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X